Help to clear burn images on 61' HDTV Toshiba

Username: Alextv

Post Number: 1
Guys I need your help. This 2001 model Toshiba 61' HDTV-Ready Projection TV is nice, and I want it back to normal. It has burnt images on the screen. Is their a way I can fix this myself, or any ideas on where I can take it to? I need to know what the cost of fixing this TV is, so I can know if it is time to throw in the towel. I live in MD. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 464
2001 model is probally a CRT based set.

The CRTS are burned. There is NO easy, cheap fix.

You're looking at replacement of the CRTS. Set is for all purposes "totaled".

It's not worth fixing since you can probally find a new set for around $1,00 to $1,200.+/- that will give you many years of service.

Besides replacement of the CRTS, the ONLY way to even out the burn-in is to create a "reverse" image, and then run that to even out the wear.... Problem with that is if you've got 5,000 hours of run time, yor going to have to run that reverse image for the about the same amount of time.

Moral of all this, next time turn down the contrast... Don't keep the set in "Torch-Mode"...
Don't display static images.

One last thing, down be "afraid" of getting another CRT based set. Don't be "sucked-into" buying one of the non-crt based sets. A crt based set will give you 15 years of service if you don't keep it on "torch-mode"....

In addtion a CRT based set will give you better BLACKS. If you watch any programs that have "dark" scenes the CRT based set will blow most any non-crt based set out of the water in the black levels. On a CRT based set, the blacks, are "black".... On non-crt based sets they are "grayish"

About 4 months ago I sold a Toshiba 57H81 (2000-2001 model)... That I ISF'd myself.. To tell you the truth the picture on that looked BETTER than a 2005 model JVC D-ILA HD-16z575.

PS: As a suggestion, when your asking for "help" you need to post the MODEL NUMBER as well.

Username: Alextv

Post Number: 2
Thanks Wearenotalone69. I was thinking the same thing, but hoping for the better. Some times it makes more sense just hearing it. You are right, I forgot the MODEL NUMBER.

Anybody that has other ideas, please feel free to add to this.

Else I guess, there goes the towel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us