SXRD60 Alternative?

Username: Mlp

Austin, TX

Post Number: 1
I really want to purchase the SXRD60, but the TV won't fit in it's space. It is slightly too big. Does Sony offer a model of equal quality that does not have the speakers on it? Why didn't they make those darn speakers removable? Can anyone suggest a model (not the 55")?

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 94
The Sony 50XBR1 is the same TV but smaller.

Austin, TX

Post Number: 2
The XBR1 is not the same technology as the SXRD. But, thanks. The SXRD60 is only too big by about an inch. The screen and casing fits perfectly, it's just the speakers that make the TV not fit. Arg!

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 37
The TV is called the KDS-R50XBR1 and it is a SXRD.

The JVC Pro's are smaller, you can get a 56 or 61 inch.

Austin, TX

Post Number: 3
Thanks. I guess I wasn't all that clear. I still want a 60" TV. I was just wondering if there was a 60" Sony that had a slightly smaller profile (one without the side speakers) that was of equal quality to the SXRD60. The 50" that people are suggesting is a natural alternative, but I don't want to lose picture size. Thanks for the posts.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 95
There are plenty of TV's in 60 inch range that may fit yor needs but none will be as good as the sony 60XBR1 SXRD model at this time. The 50 and 60 SXRD models have the best picture for the money today but may be surpassed in the near future.

Username: Oddsockjr

Post Number: 8
In June (I think) Sony is bringing out their new models, and the speakers are attached to the side rather than sticking out an inch. If you wait for that model, you might get exactly what you want.

Austin, TX

Post Number: 4
Good info. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 289
I would reccomend the JVC 61 Pro Series.Has a great picture on it.It will be the toughest set for the price that can fit in there.Has a better black level than the SXRD but doesnt have the clarity.Sony also has the perks of handling movement better though.If you cant get the Sony,go with the JVC 61.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us