Pansat 3500 SD/ Local Channels

Username: Dracaena

Dallas, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Hello everyone. I'm new, and conveniently enough have a question. "Bet you didn't see that comming?"
So here goes; I just purchased a Pansat 3500 SD.
I have no problem with the satellite part, however I can not seem to get local channels. ( I live in Dallas, TX) I have ran a cable connected to my antenna to the back of the 3500 where the antenna cable is to be connected (separate from the satellite). For some reason, I cannot figure out how to receive local channels. According to my receiver my satellite is picking up on 119/110 sats. Should I be receiving local channels through my satellite connection (I am getting a few from other states) or am I missing something here?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1373
Your locals are usually spotbeamed and U would have to subscribe to get them..

Dallas, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
Then I might need a more recent Bin file to download. I don't want to subscribe to anything just to get local channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1376
Changing bin files has NOTHING to do with it!

Dallas, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
Just as I suspected, I talked too soon. I actually found my local channels after doing a little online researching. (http://www.lyngsat.cm/packages/dish110.html)

-as usual, replace the * with an o

I now return you to your regular scheduled program!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1378
U still might not get them, if they are spotbeamed!...many locals are on 110 and the 121 but can't get your own many times..scan the TP yours are on,see if U get lucky...

lyngsat lists all the birds, TPs, freqs, and channels..

Username: Cableboxtv

Post Number: 8
LK, would you like to be a super moderator at another forum? You can even make money for posts that are of great help to the forum users. If so pm me. You've been a great help to ecoustics and we would love to have your help with 100's of other moderators.

You will also be getting free samples of new products. Sometimes before they are released to the public. PVR units are going to be here soon hope you can be one of the testers.

Thanks and have a great day!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us