Step by step fortec

Username: Gray

St. john, Nb Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone:
I am new to this forum, in fact! I am new to FTA, so, please don't blow me off or get angry if I ask what might seem like dumb questions, but I came here for friendly help, not criticisms, snotty remarks, or the like, if you can help, please do!
Firstly, I have a fortec star lifetime ultra, I started by visiting what seems like hundreds of sites on the net, I read everything I could find for the last three months, but I am still without channels, so! Here is what I did so far:
1..I downleaded the fortec STB uploader version 3.31,
2...I loaded the bin
Lifetime Ultra_050519_272_api(NTSC) ( I clicked on ROM flash, not the channel or boot ones)
3...I then loaded the NAGRA2_BIN_VER10N 10 ( i clicked the channel, not the ROM or Boot ones)
4...I opened the munu and loaded all the channels on Ecostar 6,8 ( it lists everything from fox to ppv, ect_)
5...I found some some code numbers to load into the nagra2 bin file, but haven't a clue how to edit that file,I read that the default code for my reciever is 0000 but when I go to password it doesn't open anything
6... I have found several bins, none work so far, but I do get the preview channels.
I have a good signal strength, over 80%, so the dish is pointed at the right sattelite.
Can someone please help me?
Stan

Bronze Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 18
the bin you need is the 272t2 and its best to use the blacklist loader.flash your box with the factory flash then load the 272t2 bin then load a channel list hook to tv set your antenia settings so 110 and 119 are on the right lnb.make sure you set default key.watch tv

St. john, Nb Canada

Post Number: 2
I searched the net for the 272t2 bin ( I found one listed as : Lifetime Ultra_050519_272_api(NTSC), is that the correct one?) and I am searching for the the blacklist loader, and will reload the factory flash, then the new bin, what is the channel list (I have several already,is this one good ?:X-85CS_060301_272T2_Lightning_au_api(N)
I really appreciate your help, thanking you in advance
Stan

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1295
The good one is the 85cs 060301 272T2..recommend using BL 1.4 updater to upload this 272T2 bin..

do not need to upload factory bin, but is good idea....scan the satellites U have LNB's on roof for...upload 060301 272T2 bin..set default key (menu- parentall controls-2nd pin 0000-scroll down and set default key-enter-emu ON-save and exit)...waiting for picture will happen, leave it alone, may go to 1000% and 1 hour..configure your LNB and disque switch settings in the receiver....watch TV..

St. john, Nb Canada

Post Number: 3
Great! Got it working, only one thing left, I have to replace the current code in nagra2 from bev to dish, the current keys are (on the top right it says dishnetwork, provider ID shows 01 01 and ut gies on with other numbers & letters, then it says key number and 00
key data 9E 5B 7A 77 CO FE 91 CA
4D 2A DC 33 D4 CD E3 75
I downloaded this code: 00: *New Active
9E 5B 7A 77 CO FE 91 CA 4D 2A DC 33 D4 CD E3 75

01:
FB D9 F2 D9 D6 C9 EF 7A 57 AD 32 24 67 42 6C E6

What do I do next?
Do I enter this over the old code? Do I change the OO to 01?
Thanks in advance
Stan

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
...upload 060301 272T2 bin..set default key (menu- parentall controls-2nd pin 0000-scroll down and set default key-enter-emu ON-save and exit)...waiting for picture will happen, leave it alone, may go to 1000% and 1 hour

This is called AUTOROLL..it automatically will input BOTH DN and Bev keys into your receiver, when U see the "waiting for picture"...U do NOT need to input any keys yourself!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1311
BTW...U have current DN keys in there.. "new active" key 00 is same as keys U replaced, 9E etc...now if U have Bev, put on a Bev channels and let keys roll..do not touch anything..

St. john, Nb Canada

Post Number: 4
Thanks!
I tried that, I get lots of channels, some seem to be DN, but I don't see any PPV (I get the VU ones), I have scanned three ecostar sats (plus numig), then pushed the default keys, then it autoscanned these sats, but I noticed that if I put it on sware channel it scans longer, that have anything to do with it?
Hey! I ain't complaining, great TV, just hope to watch some PRIDE & UFC (maybe king of the cage), because I love that stuff.
I understand that the DN PPV are on ecostar 6,8, but I scanned it twice, nothing came up, and it never states DN on the channels, only BEV, any suggestions?(maybe Pride is carried on BEV, ? )
You are a great help
stan

Gold Member

Post Number: 1343
IF U scanned 110-119 without any switches like I always recommmend,then U would have all the DN channels, unless your Dish is NOT aligned correctly..and U need to put it on a DN channel before the autoroll can input the DN keys!...U scan satellites before U upload the 272T2 bin..

St. john, Nb Canada

Post Number: 5
Thanks Will work on it some more! I didn't scan the channels before I put in the 272T2 bin, will try that, sorry if I seem lame, getting the hang of it little by little
Stan

Gold Member

Post Number: 1347
U'll get there...it takes time, patience, learn from mistakes, and do MUCH READING!

Username: Ahs

Post Number: 3
how would i know what bin file i am using
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us