Help panasonic dmr-es20 connection

Bronze Member
Username: Myuhh1

Post Number: 22
ok here is the issue, i am a female, so please explain in "female terminology." I just bought a panasonic dmr-es20 dvd recorder. I have a scientific atlanta cable box along with a maxent hdtv..
On the set up guide, it says that I need a cable splitter? I just want to know how to connect this thing with the accessories that came with the box. Do I need other accessories?
Please help!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2415
If you want to be able to record analog channels, use a splitter, if not you don't need one. If you're going to use a splitter, split the incoming cable to the box and the recorder. Connect the box to the recorder with s-video or RCAs, if s-video you still need RCAs for audio. To record unscrambled analog channels, use the recorder's tuner. To record from the box, set the recorder on whatever input you connected the box to. Connect to the TV with the triple component cables so you can use progressive scan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I do not want to use a splitter, i just want to connect the cbale, recorder & tv with the wires panasonic supplied any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2420
Connect the box to the recorder with RCA cables and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If the box has 2 sets of RCA outputs, connect one to the TV too, if not, connect coax from the box to the TV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
got it, thanks!!! 1 more question, could i finalize certain chapters & not fnalize other chapters? Or do I have to finalize the whole cd?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2423
You have to do the whole disc. You can keep recording on the disc until it's finalized, then it can't be recorded on. If you use RW discs, they can be unfinalized, but compatibility with players isn't as good as DVD-R.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us