I need help with my new tv please

Username: Djgerti

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone!
I am new to this and trying to decide on my setup for my TV system
I am looking at a 50"TV. (Don't know if plasma is better or LCD and what brand and model)$2500-$3500
And I am looking at a surround system (ceiling mounted) something like Bose system
thank you so much to all of you for your help

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 273
Need some info.What are you primarly going to be watching on this set? How far away and off to the sides are you going to be sitting? How well lite is the room? You wanting to put it on the wall or a stand?

Post Number: 2
Hello there and thank you for replaying.
The TV I need is only for TV watching with me and my wife. It with be probably 15 ft away from my seats it will be wall mounted with the arm bracket. The room is not heavy looking. I was looking at something without speakers and the smellers frame possible .As far as the surround system goes I like the look of the Bose because they are small and design look, but you guys all think that they are over priced.
Thank you one more time my friends for helping a newbie here

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 28
another question to consider...
do you want to watch local TV "over the air" ? Most local broadcasters are now transmitting digital HD TV over the air, but you need an ATSC tuner, either built in to the TV or from a separate set top tuner box.

I agree Bose is "cute" but way overpriced for what you get. True Dolby 5.1 and THX both require all the speakers to handle frequencies from low ( 40-50 hz) to high (20,000 hz) and the small Bose extension speakers do not come close. You will need to do some homework on other top brands, JBL, NTX, Infinity, etc. and see what they have to offer. The super high end speakers are very nice, but overkill for a modest home theater setup.

Post Number: 3
i have direct tv satelite and the quality is amaizing

Username: Bjmshome

Post Number: 4
Mano,
Just updating my system myself. I've had Bose AM-5's for over 10 years. I also like the small size of the bose, but after doing much research and pulling my hair I find they are not the best sounding. Speaker choices are more complex than many of the other choices we have to make.
(Definitive, Mirage, Paradigm, JBL, Polk, Infinity, Boston, etc....). I found out what I'm really missing when I went to a high end showroom (Gramophone) and did some listening (WOW) I've been missing out.

I just the other day ordered ORB speakers. Reasons - write ups are excellent, small size like bose, complete 5.1 systems for decent price, 30 day money back garuntee (if I don't like the sound back they go). I hope to have them by this weekend and set up. I let you know how they sound
VR/
B
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us