Successful VCR taping from ExpressVu satellite

Username: G_in_toronto

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 1
Don't know what's happened. I'm no technophile, but I did manage to get my vcr and satellite system hooked up and could tape successfully, either manually or using the timer. While I was out of town, and others were using the system, something has been altered, and now I only manage to tape blue screen. Or, at least, that's all I'm seeing when I play back my tapes. Can someone walk me through the steps to wire this correctly, including any settings that may have been changed and should be changed back on the separate units?

Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 6
You really shouldn't have to do much, but it depends on how you have the dish/vcr/tv set up.
If you are running RCA cables (Yellow/red/white) then you'll need two sets. run one out from the Dish, and into the VCR. Then run the second from the VCR to the TV. make sure the vcr is either tuned to channel 3 or to VIDEO setting, depending on what it needs to be on, and you should be good to go.

Username: G_in_toronto

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help. I've now got the satellite receiver hooked to the vcr using the red/white/yellow cables, and the vcr hooked to the tv the same way. When I did just that, I was able to tape manually, but could not get the satellite to trigger (?) the vcr for a timed event. NOW, I have also added a co-axial cable between the satellite receiver and the vcr, and now seem to be able to do timer tapings as well. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense (at least to me it doesn't), but it does seem to be working. Any further insight would be welcome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us