Do component cables suport hi-def resolutions?

HalB
Unregistered guest
I only have 1 HDMI connection on my plasma. I just bought a P-Scan DVD player with an upconversion to Hi-def. But I am connecting it to my plasma with monstor component cables. Because of this I can only get a 480P signal, I need to connect it via HDMI in order to get 720P or 1080i upconversion. The problem is I am using the HMDI connection on my plasma for my cable receiver. I am thinking of switching them and using the HDMI for the dvd player. Now my question is do component cables support 720p and/or 1080i? Or am I screwed and can only have one Hi-def source to my tv?

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 401
Not relevant. The original source is not hi def ( standard DVD) and your upscaled signal will be delieverd as is to the display via component without manadatory downrezzing at the display level. Remember, an upscaled DVD video signal is not better than 480P; it is only upscaled with all of the faults/bvenefits that go with that.

You are not screwed. There are HDMI switcher boxes. Two are made by Geffen and were reviewed in the Janaury WSR magazine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us