Help with NEC 42mp1

mcbain
Unregistered guest
Hi There,

I've got an NEC plasma 42mp1. When I turn it on, the standby light goes green, it makes a small high pitched whistle and then immediately turns off. Nothing is ever shown on the display. I was just wondering if anyone could help out or at least point me in the right direction. I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my money if I just take it to a dealer because they'll rip me off just trying to diagnose it. I'm really hoping it's something simple like a power supply.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Username: Twister47

Post Number: 1
Hey mcbain

I'm pretty sure that it is the power supply. I got a 42MP1 with the same problem but i can't find any where to buy a power supply!!

have you found any ?

i talked to a NEC repair shop here in Denmark, but they want 500dkr(80us$) just for the diagnose, they will not tell me a price for at power supply.

Username: Edster

Post Number: 1
Folks,

What is the part number of your power supply (PSU)? I have a NEC 42MP2 model number PX-42VM2A that has a good PSU I may sell. My LSI Driver is bad. I'm not sure about the part number but on the bottom right hand corner it says PKG-1720. If your interested email me at deepredabyss@yahoo.com. There is also one on ebay right now for $1,030USD. (Not mine)
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-Plasma-TV-Power-Supply-part-79646744-for-PX-42VM1A_W0QQi temZ5819716051QQcategoryZ39828QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us