Fortec lifetime

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
I downloaded file bl243_ir_lietime_pansat2300_129
to my fortec lifetime receiver and I am still not able to receive channels what did I do wrong?
sorry to be bothersome

Anonymous

Ultra?

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
no

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1160
Did U read any attached instructions?...scan the satellites?.....check your receiver settings...REBOOT the receive, Back of receiver, power off, wait 2 minutes, power on, turn to channel 300...input the new DN keys?...does your screen look different, like a pansat instead of a fortec?...just what is happenning?

U really need to be specific and try somethings yourself first..

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
i'm sorry but i did not see any attached instructions, i am going back to look now.

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
I still cannot find the instructions. I downloaded the file using the fortec updater 3.31

Username: Popsariz

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
where can I find the files to dowload to get my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra working with ECHO 6.8

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
can someone offer me some help with flashing my fortec lifetime(not ultra)to a pansat 2300? I downloaded the file into my receiver but it didn't seem to have changed. Don't know what to do after downloading the file.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
Upload the file into receiver using BL 1.4, scan the satellites, input the latest DN keys using Pansat method, and watch TV..

Bronze Member
Username: Kosovari

Post Number: 42
LK .ur the greatest.... just wondering if i can load the 272t bin on a pantec 2500?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1196
The 272T2 will work on the Pantec 2500..it works on all Pansat 2500 clones..along with all Ultra's and Ultra' clones..

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
can I use express vu keys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
This 272T2 has autoroll and will enter BOTH DN and Bev keys for U..U just set the default key.....don't ask!...go read, if U don't know how..

biverland
Unregistered guest
This is the NEW 272T2_GC it open OLL on
GlobeCast to ....so Chancysand is the"man"
Autoroll dick & bev end fix GlobeCast ...
Fortec is like a "TANK" is back...
U just set default key....
use blacklist loader to instal this bin

biverland
Unregistered guest
This is the NEW 272T2_GC it open OLL on
GlobeCast to ....so Chancysand is the"man"
Autoroll dick & bev end fix GlobeCast ...
Fortec is like a "TANK" is back...
U just set default key....
use blacklist loader to instal this bin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1200
Nobody cares about GC..

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
i tried using the bl 1.4 to upload the file bl243_ir_lietime_pansat2300_129. The computer said complete, looked at my receiver and the lights continued to flash but would not turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing lights):dashing------across screen..

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and Pansat 2700/3500 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port # 1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader. I like BL 1.4

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number. "key: global is commonly used..many loaders do Not require this step..

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download. Sometomes wait for 1-3 seconds, timing is critical.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
the bl 1.4 does not have step 8 it only has bin or boot as options

Gold Member

Post Number: 1212
Its a bin file...Not a boot file...dude , U really need to start reading some manuals, guides, and other peoples posts...U are totally cluelss, and cannot teach U anything, cause U don't have any present knowledge at all for new things to stick to..U must learn to crawl before U can walk!

mikeandsab
Unregistered guest
i'm sorry I'm new to this and this type of receiver. Give me a computer and I can fix no problem. I think I am just really frustrated with this right now.

my2cents
Unregistered guest
yeah mikeandsab...i got a computer without any hard drive, cpu, memories, video, and lan adapter.

Can you fix it without spending any money or stealing anyone else computer?

I know how.

you tell me and i tell you how to fix your Fortec problem.

Username: Masterstylz

Post Number: 2
I'm completely new to this. I uploaded a "bad" bin file to the Lifetime Ultra. It uploaded to 100%. It turned off by itself and never turned back on. Now whenever I plug it in and try to turn it on, I don't see anything happening. Its like completely dead. :'(

Is there anyway to make this box come back to life? I've been reading on Jtags. Everytime I read that, it gets me totally lost. God I'm having such blonde moment. Help!! Please!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kosovari

Post Number: 47
Rohit... go get a JTAG cable and JTAG it....

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 226
@Rohit Patel, about jtag...
If you get totally lost, better go by new receiver , it's only 200$...

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 227
@Rohit Patel, look what you have to do....... Upload

Post Number: 3
theres more to this right? I'm guessing?

Can I just buy the JTAG Cable off of ebay and plus it in? Would that work?

Post Number: 4
theres more to this right? I'm guessing? Do I need any other Software?

Can I just buy the JTAG Cable off of ebay and plug it in? Would that work?

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 229
no, you need soft too.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 230
This file and pic I got from some dssweb for pansat,but you can read it, to get clue what it is.
Upload
text/plainUpload
jtag.txt (2.1 k)

Bronze Member
Username: Terrence

TO, ON CAN

Post Number: 15
A Mike can I buy this Jtag cable from U Mike!
This Is good Work Mike....We like U Mike...Bye

Post Number: 5
Please don't mind Terrence Trent Darby here. Keep going Mike.

Username: Welcom300

dear Mike
another dumb question.
I have Captive works 600s with 1.48 bin on an hh90 stab.
DN comes fine but when I go to Nimiq, it says 'scrambled channel' . then, it shows 'new keys' on the screen. there is no button on the dialog box to accept or reject it (or any other option, for that matter). but If i press OK on remote, every thing gets scrambled. I had to re-flash it couple of times. what i am doing wrong here?
what other english sats/channels can u get along with DN.

Bronze Member
Username: Kingdom

Post Number: 19
My flu's (nov 2004) Channel list messed up with new bin X-85CS_060304_272T2_GC_api(N). I have bev 82, 91 & dish 121. I scanned manually & reorderd with channel master. After reorder the channel 795(sid) is the first channel on my list. When I press 1 on my remote it goes autumatically to channel 795 & some times it shows some other channels. But the receiver was working perfectly with the other bins...

Best regards

Post Number: 6
Any idea where to get this JTag software from? I'll go through the steps of doing, but I'm still going to need the software for it.

Also, I was wondering if I could turn the Fortect Lifetime Ultra "into" a Pansat?

What are the Pros and Cons to that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1256
EVERY DSS site has Jtag files..in abundance too!

just put a Pansat clone bin like 272T2 or 103T in receiver to change it...those are much better bins than the Ultra bin...also better screen, menu, keys option, epg with pansat bins..

Username: Nick123

i new to this..... i just got a fortec lifetime satelite reciever..and i want to know how to break the code and where i can get the files

Post Number: 7
Thanks LK and Mike W. Lee for your responses.
I actually have two Fortec Lifetime Ultras. One is currently working with a 282T bin and the other is the one that needs the Jtags.
I'm thinking most likely if I can get the second one working, I'll do my best to change it over to Pansat.
This way I don't have another "Blonde Moment" and black out my working receiver.

Post Number: 8
Just a few more things

With my Fortec Lifetime Ultra, I don't seem to be getting the signal quality. I just had DN intall everything such as (2)DP34 switches and (2) Dishes. One for 119 and 110. The other for 61.5

Is there anything I can do to improve quality of signal? The 119 and 110 gives me a full green bar and the 61.5 gives me nothing.

Is there any way to get the sports, south asian (HINDI) and premium (HBO,plby,Etc) off of all the angles and have them all play on one channel list rather than switching inbetween the angles?

Would there be better choices in a Pansat as opposed to a Fortec Lifetime Ultra?

**I don't know if i worded that properly.**

Username: Steven_man

Post Number: 6
Help LK
I upgraded my ForTec Star Lifetime Ultra with 284q and it is working fine. But can I use the the 284q with my ForTec Star classic. I'm thinking there should not be a problem but wanted to make sure. Please advise if I can or can't and what bin file I should use. Steven

Username: Cableboxtv

Post Number: 9
LK, would you like to be a super moderator at another forum? You can even make money for posts that are of great help to the forum users. If so pm or email me. You've been a great help to ecoustics and we would love to have your help with 100's of other moderators.

You will also be getting free samples of new products. Sometimes before they are released to the public. PVR units are going to be here soon hope you can be one of the testers.

Thanks and have a great day!

Username: Steven_man

Post Number: 8
LK Help Help please
I upgraded my ForTec Star Lifetime Ultra with 284q and it is working fine. But can I use the the 284q with my ForTec Star classic. I'm thinking there should not be a problem but wanted to make sure. Please advise if I can or can't and what bin file I should use. Steven

Username: Babyphat

I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.
I raed that if I upload a particular Fortec key I will be able to have autoroll on it. Is this correct? And if so, which file do I need to upload into the receiver and where can I get it?
Thank you.

Username: Klules

I Have the autoroll on my fortec lifetime ultra but the codes have changed but the autoroll won't get the new codes for Bell Expressvu.

anyone knows what is wrong or what to do?

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I have been using the bin X-85CS_060304_272T2_GC_api(N)for 2 weeks. It was working good but since yesterday night the bin rolls the key for nothing. after some some minutes it get the key & show the picture & continue the key's rolling & no picture on screen... :-( :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 62
www.dssrookie.com
use 271T for now. File in fortec file section

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
@justice
Is it safe for all flu? Mine is 614 turner, nov 2004 model. I loaded wrong files & 2 times jtagged...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
yes,
safe for all fortec

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Kingdom,
www.totalfta.com
discussion is in the fortec section

Username: Im1uwant2nv

CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA USA

Post Number: 9
is the 272t2 bin down, every thing was going find till yesterday started getting wait for picture. nothing happens after that? any suggestions thanx in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
rustin,
they are sending bogus keys to throw off your receiver, which makes your receivers to autoroll with fake keys every 5 minutes or so.

Username: Im1uwant2nv

CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA USA

Post Number: 10
thanks for the response justice, do i need to redo the autoroll, or will it automaticly find the right keys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us