DVD Recorder - Need Help Hooking up

Username: Allibye

Post Number: 1
I purchased a toshiba RDXC54 dvd recorder and a SIMA ct200. I need help hooking up the dvd recorder to a current vhs recorder and dvd player. I want to be able to transfer vhs tapes to the dvd recorder and transfer dvd's to the dvd recorder as well as record TV shows. I would also like to take old commercial VHS tapes and save them Ito DVD's. That is why I purchased the SIMA ct200. I thought I had it set up but the TV is showing in black & white only. Can someone please tell me what to do so I can correct this problem. I have plenty of rca video cables. please email me at ashatter@twmi.rr.com

Username: Yorkiemomma03

Greensboro, NC United states

hi i am having a problem hooking up my recorder to copy movies, they are hooked to my big screen but when i record from dvd player to recorder there is no picture, but the both are working on the tv what am i doing wrong?

Username: Yorkiemomma03

Greensboro, NC United states

Post Number: 2
sorry forgot to put my email address yorkiemomma03@yahoo.com judy holderbaum

Username: Jemasw

Norwalk, Ct Usa

how do i hook up my sony tv,dvd,vcr and internet with cablevision?

Username: Bigdog2007

Post Number: 3
I need help getting my components hooked up the correct way. My equipment is:
Onkyo TX-SR604 Receiver
Panasonic DVD-R DMR-ES20
Philips DVD DVP 5960 w/HDMI and upconversion
Vizio P50HDTV10A
Motorola DCT 6412III Cable HD/DVR

I think I have everything connected correctly except for my DVD recorder. I would like to be able to record a program to my DVR and transfer it to DVD via my DVD recorder, and I am having trouble getting it correct. I would appreciate help with setting up the whole system (to make sure I have the other components set up correctly).
Thanks in advance,
Brian

Silver Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 185
Allsion, to remove copy protection from commercial VHS and DVD, you must send both of their video outputs to the Sima inputs(if memory serves it has two inputs). Then feed the Sima video output to your DVD recorder input. Select the tv input to which your DVD recorder is connected to monitor recording. You must still make audio connections unless you are a silent picture freak. Without more info on your recorder, difficult to be more precise. Are you using composite (yellow, white & red) connections or S-video?

Username: 181lgadam

Lake grace, WA Australia

Hi, I have just purchased a LG RC6821W and I am having trouble setting it up. I cant find the Video channel on the rc6821w so the Panasonic TV will talk with the recorder. The manual does not say anything about it so I am lost. Can anyone help me please ? (On my old unit it is UHF channel 68.)

Username: Wrgmsg

New Port Richey, FL USA

Have a Sony DVD VCR recorder/player }}combo Model RDR-VX515 to connect to a plasma TV with component Video connections and Progressive scan. What is the proper way to connect this DVD to the TV?

Username: Sabrekiller

Can Someone please help me!!!
I bought a Samsung DVD Recorder and wish to transfer my programs from my Direct TV DVR to DVD'S. It can't be that diffecult to do. I tried to set this up. I feel like I'm going in circles. Unpplug this, plug in this. Nope that's not it. I feel like I'm only confusing myself even more.
I'd like to have someone who can give me step by step instruction as to how to connect my DVD to my Direct TV DVR to record all of the programs I have stored on it to free up space for more. Plus have my VCR and my TV also hooked up to record from VCR to DVD, And record from TV to DVD. New to the site and from what I've read so far it sounds like I picked the right place to get all the info I'll need. You all sound like you know what your talking about. I'm all ears....
Thanks for the help...

Username: Rsvcs

Post Number: 3
From DirecTv HD DVR I want to save my HD movies and recorded shows to a dvd. I understand this can be done by using my laptop's dvd burner. Does anyone know how to connect this? Will it record in HD? We have comcast wireless internet set up.

Username: Salty47

I have a Dish Network HD Receiver and I need a 3 number code to control my LG DVD recorder, ModelDR787T. You can reply to pt_2001@peoplepc.com Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3547
You can't operate a DVD recorder with a DN remote.

Username: Dumbredhead

Logan, OH

Post Number: 2
I have Dish Network HD Dual Receiver and I want to connect a Protron 100 dvd-r to tv-2 to record the already recorded programs on dish's dvdr I connected the cable to the back of the dvdr from the dish that runs to tv-2 in and a cable out to the tv I still cant get the protron to respond to the tv what am I doing wrong Help!!!!!! I get the programs on the tv but nothing when I turn on the protron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us