Question about signal strength / quality ( Cools@t 4000 Pro )

Bronze Member
Username: 111283

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
In the "Installation" or "Setup" menu, my signal strength for 110 and 119 is pretty low. The level is around 65% for both satellites and the quality is around 7%. However, when I exit the menus and am watching programming the signal strength indictaor on the on-screen menu shows a strength / level of 94 + %.

I've also found in the past that the signal strength / quality in the set-up menu sometimes varies depending on the software bin file... Does this make sense ?

Is there an issue here, and if so, could it be with the dish as opposed to the receiver and/or hardware ?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1142
It changes depending what TP transponder (channels) U are watching..some TPs are stronger than others ...they all have different frequencies..as long as U have good reception on 110 -119 , thats all that counts..

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
Should I be getting more than 250 channels on 110 and 119 ? That is about all I get on each and they are exactly the same.

Username: Welcom300

Post Number: 5
dear 111
u should be getting more than that. and 110 and 119 carry diff channels.
perhaps ur receiver is scanning only one sat.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1240
He probably ONLY has 1 LNB...but expects to get every satellite in his receiver list..

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 24
Thanks for the info MT

No LK... in fact, I do have 2 LNB's and I detect a little hostility in your last post. Up until now you've been pretty helpful.

For those interested.... I have since re-scanned both 110 and 119. The same channel issue seems resolved and 119 seems okay, however, now I'm only receiving 90 +/- channels on 110
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us