RCA HD50LPW62

Username: Sturge33

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to buy my first big-screen tv. I've been looking at the hd50lpw62 at Wal-Mart because I don't want to spend a fortune on a television. I can't find much information on this model online though, and no reviews at all, so I have a few questions.

1. I read on here that it uses an HD4 chip. I understand the difference in HD3 and HD2+. What make HD4 different?

2. Will each video input retain it's own picture settings if I calibrate the tv?

3. Does this tv have direct input select buttons or the "Input" button like my RCA CRT has?

4. If the tv is 720p, does this mean I would be better off using 720p for my DVD and Xbox?

Username: Dtxtellsit

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
If you can get 720p for your DVD and Xbox. Most likely xbox can dvd can't unless it has upconverter... but you have one digital video input(hdmi). The problem is with only one hdmi input you can really only get one signal of over 480p. So cable/satellite with hd programming and box that has dvi/or hdmi input will get you 720p(better than 1080i in most cases anyway). Progressive scan dvd, using component cables will get you upto 480p and so should your video game system. Plus most dvds are not hd yet meaning the 1080i or 1080p factor is moot. You will still need an hd dvd player and then you still will have only one dvi/hdmi input into your tv...
Yes the 62 uses direct input selection, yes I own that set, yes I love it, and based on my research and analysis this set is the best deal around. Comparing 50" with DLP HD tuner built in,stand,lamp replacement cost, ESP and shipping(store pick-up)savings came in around 600!

Username: Sturge33

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info. I have the Oppo DVD player so it should look really nice. Did you get the Wal-Mart extended warranty?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us