Receiveing signal

Username: Bjones930

Post Number: 2
i am paying for the rock bottom dishnet. I keep hearing about pansat 2500 or 2700 and other receivers.I don't know anything about all this autoscroll or any of the other mumbo jumbo.What do I need if I want to get all channels available?Will just buying a pansat2700 be all I need to do or is there more stuff neede? sorry but I'm new to all this satelit stuff.Longtime cable guy here.Don't get nasty,just anwer if you would.I can be abused anywhere,so be nice!plzzzzzz

Bronze Member
Username: Kneegrow_2

Post Number: 34
all u hav to do is have a dish,receiver,load the program from a computer on to receiver,get signal,scan, and watch every channel dishnetwork and bev have to offer.including ppv

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1092
U will need more than just a FTA receiver...U might have to change cables, LNB's and switches, depending on what's on your roof now...

U will need to download software and upload the receiver periodically..

U will need to do satellite scans whenever U have missing channels,which could be daily or weekly...

U will have to spend initially 60-100 hours of reading at some other DSS site just to learn how to set up your hardware and program the receiver..

U will then need 4 hours weekly of reading to stay current on whats happenning etc and looking for files etc..

U will possibly spend 2-8 hours weekly trouble shooting problems...

This is NOT a plug and play hobby!...U pay a price for this...If U can't spend the time or can't go without TV sometimes, then this is NOT the hobby for U..and if U want to keep your DN basic subscription and do this hobby too, then it gets twice as complicated..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
knee grow...U make it sound so simple...U are here all the time with problems and questions!

Bronze Member
Username: Dannyboy88

Post Number: 15
hey does anyone know the keys for nimiq (bell) cause i have the new ones but when i do put them in and i do double check it to make sure its right and when i exit it it just says scrambled or w.e.

Post Number: 3
Thanx for the help guys.You helped alot!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
so are u getting one jones

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
and lk,im set but i just have questions on how to make it that much better coz i want it the best not great or good but i can live with great or good

Post Number: 4
sorry knee grow I went off for awhile. Yeah ,I figure its one of those nothing ventured nothing gained. Now I just have to decide wich receiver is best and do alot of searching.I'll read all the info I can on the programing and all the tedious stuff that you told me about. I can't learn if I don't try. But,I did appreciate the straight up info, without calling me the names that sometimes people feel like they have to do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1133
jones... I laid it on a little heavy for ya,cause I was thinking that if U still do this hobby after my "thick " and sort of negative post, then U willactually do the READING necesaary..everything I said s true,but its not always like that...sometime U will go a month and not touch the receiver....this siteis NOT the best for newbies..I recommend buying a pansat 3500 or co*olsat 5000...then find another DSS site and call it home..Other DSS sites have manuals, guides, files, easier to read forums,live chat help etc..suggested sites

www.gat-s.biz

Post Number: 5
well, I still appreciate you guy's not doggoin me and givin me crap like some forums or sites do. And LK thanks for all that you've told me.It helps when people don't mind givin a guy who's new to this,some advice and help.I've been in similar situations and it gets frustrating,especially if you have to tell it again and again and again. So, thanks again LK, and you too Knee___Grow. Thanks for the other site info too!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us