RCA HD50LPW175 problems

HDASM
Unregistered guest
Hi guys,
just bought a new HD50LPW175 and hooked it up. Picture is just fine. I have my cable ran Cable box - TIVO - Reciever - TV. When I run sound through reciever, its fine. When I run it through TV, there is a delay. Any ideas??? Or is it just a bum RCA?? I had a 52" CRT and loved it. Better yet, any solutions?? OR should I get out while the getting is good and go to a Samsung?? This unit just had a MUCH better picture to my eyes..

Username: Adessmith

Post Number: 1
I have the same TV you do.
The problem here is DLP TV's (and other digital tv's) have to process the image, this takes time and delays your picture. This will happen to some extent with all DLP tv's. if you send the audio through the tv it will delay the audio with the same amount of time it takes to do the processing on the picture and the result will be syncronized.
If you have a delay setting on your receiver (most good receivers do) then you need to use a delay there to compensate for the delay in the video.

Some Cheaper receivers actually create delay.
I used to have a cheap RCA surround sound from walmart that had this problem. Funny thing was, it seemed to have about the same amount of delay as the tv so it worked out ok. If I ran the audio through the tv then out to the receiver then I had a problem. (the receiver was causing a delay in the otherwise synced audio)

Hope this sheds a little light on the subject for ya.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us