Motorola 6412 Problems Again

Username: Kes601

Virginia Beach, VA United States

Post Number: 6
Below I will post the message I posted at some point last year about problems I was having w/our local CBS HD station. The problem has now happened again, but this time on both of my DVR boxes. Neither one has a DVI or HDMI cable plugged in, they are both using component cables. I for the life of me can not figure out why this has happened. Before it was determined that it was probably a broadcast flag causing the problem because I had plugged in a DVI-HDMI cable. Any advice would be appreciated to keep this from happening again because I am getting tired of standing in line to exchange faulty boxes.

Original Message:
Hi All,

I have a problem I hope somebody can help me with. This weekend I hooked up a DVI-HDMI cable to my Motorola 6412(rented from Cox) and tried recording a couple shows on the CBS HD Station. The signal was scrambled when it tried recording and after a few seconds the box dropped the picture down to the 4x3 non-hd signal, so I assume that means my TV does not support HDCP. No biggie, thought I would just put the component cables back in.

Now everytime I try to record a high definition show on CBS I get the same scrambled picture in the beginning and then the box drops me down to the 4x3 picture that is not of HD quality. It's as if the box still thinks I am using the DVI-HDMI cable.

The DVI-HDMI cable is not plugged in to either the box or the tv. I have called Cox and they refreshed the box, but that did not seem to help. I also did the firmware download on the box thinking that would get it back to its original state and hopefully make it forget about the DVI-HDCP cable ever being plugged in, but nothing seems to work.

I would think the problem would have to be with the box and not with the TV(Toshiba 46H84).

Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Ffreak2525

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have a Motorola dvr 6412. It's hooked up to my hdtv monitor and to my surround sound.Now my cable company does not offer hd programing yet.When I turn on my sorround sound it shows dd 2.0. How can I get 5.1. My surrond sound is hooked up to dvr with optical cable.
Any help at all would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 157
Robert,

Not all HD channels broadcast all their HD programming with DD5.1 sound. That being said in your settings menu you need to make sure you have the audio set to output digital Dolby, not PCM or analog.

xvxvxvx

Username: Bhuijn

Post Number: 1
could you tell me the specs for the snr and agc of my 6412 motorola box on the in band and out of band status
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us