Want to play Media Player in DVD Recorder~

Username: Rantr13

Post Number: 8
I have the S-VHS cable hooked from my laptop's output to my DVD Recorder's input and can see my entire laptop's content on the TV screen.
I click an AVI to play in Media Player so I can watch the AVI on my DVD Recorder and later record the AVI.
Media Player shows up on my TV screen---except the screen where the video is suppose to be playing is black-screen while the video on the laptop is playing.

Okay, I decide to use Media Player Classic.
Same thing.

I decide to use WinDVD.
Same thing.

I have done this before and it worked.
I have played videos in Media Player before and recorded it into my DVD Recorder using the S-VHS cable from my laptop to my DVD recorder.

So why is everything that shows on my entire laptop monitor's screen show up on my TV screen including Media Player----except for the content that Media Player is playing?

Does anyone have any clue how to get the content of Media Player to show up on my TV screen through my DVD Recorder.

Username: Rantr13

Post Number: 9
Okay, this is really weird.
I found an old version of Picture Publisher and opened the AVI with that and it played fine on the giant TV screen but wouldn't go to Full Screen in order for me to record the AVI onto my DVD Recorder. (Who wants to record a show with only half of it showing mid-screen?)

Then I found an old version of Real Player and it played the AVI fine on my giant TV screen but would stop after so many minutes saying I needed to upgrade my Real Player.

So after 3 or 4 times of getting that message I decided to give in and download the new version of Real Player.

Well guess what? Now that I have the new version of real player, all I get when playing the AVI is a black screen on the TV while the video is playinh fine on the laptop monitor.

So I think the problem is something to do with copyright protection.

Even though the AVI's, MPGs, WMVs I am playing are not copyright protected, in other words, the people who made the videos (the you and me's out there in the world) did nothing whatsoever to copyright these AVIs, they are still being blocked by new versions of Media Player, Real Player, etc from playing on your TV screen through an s-vhs cable while older software is allowing it.

So does anyone have clue how to get Media Player to play these files or how unlock the copyright blockage or whatever it is that needs to be done to get an AVI or MPG to play on your TV screen?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us