DVD-R Woes

Username: Cathy231

Lewisburg, KY USA

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a DVR and have made my home videos into DVDs. It works great, BUT now my daughters want me to make them copies of the DVD-Rs so that they can have memories of their childhood. The Problem lies with the fact that the DVD-Rs copied on my computer will work fine in most of our DVD players but will NOT work in our DVR. I get a message that playback has not been enabled or something like that. What can I do to get my DVDs to play in this system. I use 123 copy DVD to make the ones on my computer. Any help will be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2364
Are you using good quality discs?

Lewisburg, KY USA

Post Number: 2
I am using Maxell discs purchased at our local Wal-mart. I am able to watch my original home videos on my DVR. It is just the copies made on my computer that I cannot view on this machine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2366
What brand of recorder is it? What burner do you use? I've used at least a half a dozen recorders and never had any problems playing any DVD-R discs.

Lewisburg, KY USA

Post Number: 3
My DVR is made by Emerson. The Burner in my computer is a Lite-On DVDRW SHW-160H6S.

I am sure that it must be me if you are having success at it so perhaps you can email me the proper steps to take, if it is not too much trouble. My address is cathy231@netscape.com Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2378
Emerson is pretty much a bottom of the line DVD recorder, it may just not play PC burned discs. Lite On burners aren't the greatest either. Try burning at a different speed is about all I can suggest. With a Lite On, you can scan the discs for errors using DVDInfoPro, Nero, or Kprobe, and see if the burns are any good or not.

Lewisburg, KY USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks for all the information. I suppose that I will just get myself another player to play the discs on in that room. Much easier than getting a new burner for the computer. Again thanks for all your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us