Which LCD 32 TV? Philips, Sony, Samsung or Toshiba?

Anonymous

Hi to all! I've been searching for a 32inches LCD flat tv. I'm not too much into playing games but i want it for viewing normal tv channels (channels have not yest started showing in HD signal in my country, i expect it to happen in 1-2 years) or dvds. Choices have been narrowed to the following models: PHILIPS 32PF9966, SAMSUNG LE32R51B, SONY KLV-V32A10 and TOSHIBA 32WL56P.

What do you think of the above, what are their pros and cons?

Cost is not an issue although the Philips is the most expensive of all these models, then is Sony, then Toshiba and the cheapest is Samsung.

I've read some reviews in other sites but they are contradictory, especially for the Samsung model, and i can't decide!

Philips looks a good choice but is it? It has a PixelPlus2 system, is the picture resulting from this system better compared to other companies or not? I'm more inclined towards the Philips model but thinking if it is worth the more money? Sony hmm, i think that you can not connect other companies' devices to their TVs, is this right - how about the picture quality and sound? Toshiba looks a good choice and good value for money. Samsung looks to have a very good image - even as good as Philips! - but i'm not sure if it's reliable...heard that its sound is not good and not a trustworthy model.

What do you think of the above?

When i look at the TVs lined up in the walls of the stores, it's really difficult to decide which has a better picture quality! Any tips as to help choose?

Have you got any other models/companies to suggest?

I'm thinking of maybe going tomorrow to the shops again, so a prompt reply would be of great help! Cheers!

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 244
Well are you buying all these TVs new cause isnt that Toshiba a older model.I would cancell the Sony KLV-S32A10 because its overpriced for what you get.I would go with the new Toshiba 32HL95 for the price.If you wanna go less and not worried about having a tuner built in get the Sharp Aquos LC-32DA5U.Best picture on the market though is the KDLV32XBR1 hands down :-)

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 389
Sharp and Samsung are top 2006 model LCD makers. LG/Phillips ( its a combined compnay now) also makes a decent product.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 246
Not sure why LG would combine with Philips when they just bought out Zenith.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us