HD green Sceen on Mitishubushi

Username: Diva328

Littlestown, PA USA

Post Number: 3
I have a 65" WS-65857 which is either 2000 0r 2001. We had to have the convergence fixed last year. Which cost over $500.00. I just had the HD connected last week and the regular and digital programming is coming in fine but the HD is going in green. The cable installer tried 2 different HD boxes and the same happened. Does anyone know anything about cost of having this fixed, he said the Blue does not come thru. I am wondering if this is a problem worth trying to fix or if we should just get a new set. Also does anyone know anything about selling sets to others who might not be able to buy new. I would appreciate any help that I get

Username: Cooltexan

Post Number: 1
I have a possibly related problem. Over the last few days my Sony 34"? CRT has developed a "halo" effect with the color. The color is distorted coming in from the edges of the screen. It actually reminds me of what a TV or computer monitor looks like with a strong magnet placed next to it, but there are no speakers or other magnets nearby. I'm almost certain it is not the cable since it is occuring on all my video inputs. Does anyone know about this happening with other models. My TV is only 2 yrs old and I don't want to have to replace it or pay for a repair visit if possible. If I need a repairman, should I go through the store I bought it at or a third party (don't think it is still under warrenty).

phil koprowski
Unregistered guest
If you are using a component connection you probably need to change the digital input signal type on your tv or on the STB if you can. If your TV is set to RGB, try YPrPb instead.

I had the same issue with my xbox HD but once I set my TV to YPrPb, everything worked fine. Seemed like the blue didn't work before but that was because my TV was set to RGB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us