Are you getting all the HDTV resolution you expected?

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 21
Very interesting article in the March 2006 issue of Home Theater mag, they tested 54 sets to see if they could process all 1080i lines and which do not.

Here are a few popular sets I observed.

Samsung HL-R5668 (DLP) PASS
Samsung HL-R5067 (DLP) FAIL
JVC HD52886 (LCOS) PASS
Mitsubishi WD-52627 (DLP) FAIL
Mitsubishi WD-52527 (3LCD) FAIL
Sony KDSR50XBR1 (LCOS) PASS
Sony KDFE-50A10 (3LCD) PASS
Toshiba 52HM95 (DLP) PASS
RCA HD50LPW175/164 (DLP) FAIL
Hitachi 60VX915 (3LCD) PASS

All in all only 28 passed, you can check out the issue to get more info.

Bronze Member
Username: Agentxfile

Post Number: 50
I can contest to the RCA HD50LPW175(DLP) failing, because I had that model and even though the tv and the dvd player said 1080i/720p/480p it all looked the same and it didn't look good. For example my older RCA 36in tube tv with regular 480i looked(picture quality) much better then the RCA HD50LPW175.

Joe

Username: My401k

PSL, Florida

Post Number: 3
If your not satisfied with HD quality try one of these. I have a Hitachi 50V500 and added this to it with Directv standard recivers, and quality is HD on all channels without paying extra for a few HD channels. Absolutely incredible what it can do to a large screen picture!

http://www.adstech.com/products/HDUP1500/intro/HDUP1500intro.asp?pid=HDUP1500Upload

Username: Diva328

Littlestown, PA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 65" WS-65857 which is either 2000 0r 2001. We had to have the convergence fixed last year. Which cost over $500.00. I just had the HD connected last week and the regular and digital programming is coming in fine but the HD is going in green. The cable installer tried 2 different HD boxes and the same happened. Does anyone know anything about cost of having this fixed, he said the Blue does not come thru. I am wondering if this is a problem worth trying to fix or if we should just get a new set. Also does anyone know anything about selling sets to others who might not be able to buy new. I would appreciate any help that I get.

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 23
I don't know what the above post has to do with this thread?

This seems like a ripoff for manufacturers to claim they have 720p/1080i sets and they can even process it.

michaelf
Unregistered guest
I bought the 166 pk @ Costco this week. Some of the PQ was a little fuzzy until I adjusted my settings for my Cablevision SA 4200HD and the TV settings. After that, the PQ seems really good in either SD or HD. Now I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this things lasts for a while with no problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us