Sony 32" LCD with or without HD Tuner ?

Anonymous

I was looking at the Sony KDL-V32XBR1 & KLV-S32A10. Asides from the cosmetic differences (BR1 is black and the 32A10 silver) there is a several hundred dollar difference because the S32A10 does not have a HD Tuner. I have Comcast cable and would be subscribing to the HD package from them, my understanding is that there is a HD Tuner in the cable box. Am I missing something technically between the two LCD TV's if I go with the S32A10 and try and save a few dollars? I looked at Sony's web page and the technical specs between the two LCD units are almost identical (the S32A10 weight is less and it has one or two less input's that I wouldn't use).

I am not worried about cable management and I know I could us cable card wit the XBR1 but I am not mounting the unit on the wall so all cables will be hidden behind the unit and in the stand it sits on.

If people are connecting their TV's to a cable box that has a HD Tuner in it why purchase a TV that has a HD Tuner in it too and pay more? Is the picture quality better with a built in HD Tuner or the chip technology of a built in HD Tuner better?

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 236
The XBR1 one is the higher line of Sony.Genereally better pricture and more features. The XBR1 does have the tuner built it.Also the contrast is 1300:1 on the XBR1 and 1000:1 on the A10.Also the XBR handles movement alot better. If your looking at spending around the price of the A10 get the Toshiba 32HL95.Has built in tuner.cable card,(with on screen guide which Sony doesnt.)The picture is really close on the A10 and the 32HL95.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us