Want to buy bigger screen tv 40 inch or so

Username: Timburns77

Mpls, Mn USA

Post Number: 1
I have just started looking for a new tv price around $2000 Everybody says to buy something diff. one says Plasma the other says only DLP rear projection then some one else says lcd only.
HELP???

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 235
Wow quit a few threads that have post like these.Also there is a search button. but here goes. 1) How far away are you sitting. 2) How far to the sides. 3)Putting on the stand or on the wall. 4) Well light room at anytime or mainly dark? So that will get us a start into some certain sets.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 382
The DLP single color wheel type of display is not a good choice due to color inaccuracies. It is bein replaced gradually with DLP LED displays which are better.

LCD is good in bright rooms. The refresh rates are still a tad slow and so blurring can occur when viewing sports. If you dont view a lot of sports then it wont matter.

Plasma contrast ratio advantage makes it in general the most realistic of the current crop of display technologies;

Pios are great in ambient light, Pannys preferred in darker rooms. Hitachi makes a solid display. I'd stay away from all other plasma brands for various reasons if the above three are options. This is just my opinion only.

Teasip
Unregistered guest
Just purchased the 40" Sony XBR LCD to replace my 46" Samsung DLP. Much better picture in my opinion (should be considering the price differential) plus I don't have to worry about bulb or color wheel replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us