New Echo 10 @ 110W

ViniDomine
Unregistered guest
Anyone knows where to find data on Echo10 regarding channels or if its already transmitting programs down to customers?
Lyngsat has nothing on echostar 10.
Charlie doesn't say anything other than is going to expand their services and interactive products.
Google takes me to sea-launch which only shows details about the launch on Feb.15th.

Thanks
Vini

Interactive dish
Unregistered guest
I don't know about Echo 10, but saw my first interactive commercial the other night. It was on a regular Dish box, not FTA. I wonder if the FTA boxes will function interactively.

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1318
No they won't. Because your not paying for it remember.

ViniDomine
Unregistered guest
I agree with Maple Leaf there Interactive dish... FTA boxes wouldn't work with interactive even if the functionalities were there simply because theres no "account" to accept BILLABLE requests from your receiver ID. I wouldn't mess with interactive from FTA. Mean time here is more info on 110w echo10 I found on the web.

Over the next few weeks, EchoStar X will use its propulsion system to gradually raise its orbit to geostationary altitude, where its velocity will match that of Earth's rotation. The satellite will be positioned along the Equator at 110 degrees West longitude, or about 22,300 miles high above the eastern Pacific. At that slot, EchoStar X will be co-located with EchoStar 6 and EchoStar 8.

EchoStar 10 will take advantage of its unique vantage point to provide broadcasting services directly to the living rooms and offices of over 12 million customers throughout the United States. Joining nine other satellites, the newest addition to the EchoStar fleet will be adding further redundancy to existing craft while working to expand product offerings in EchoStar Communications' DISH Network service.

Vini
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us