Need Advice Before I Buy (LG RH7500)

Username: Jonvic

Post Number: 1
Hi guys i am thinking of buying an RH7500 by LG and have a couple of questions. The first is about timer recordings. I have a new Sky box that i have just had installed and will be hooking that up as the only input into the LG DVD recorder as my analogue reception is so crap here i just dont bother with it. After reading around a lot i am still not clear if you can set the timer just like a VCR. On my VCR i just input the date and time and the channel i want to record and then put the VCR in standby mode and it works, does this DVD recorder have this feature? I keep seeing EPG and stuff and it confuses me i simply want to programme the LG to record whatever channel it recognises SKY as being on and start and stop at the times i set it to do this, so can it be done?

The second question is what kind of MPEG decoder do these machines have? I have several DVD's of motorsport made by friends of mine and on my PC they play fine when i have a decent MPEG-2 software decoder installed however on my 2 really cheap DVD players i get glitching as i assume they have poor MPEG-2 decoders, what is this machine like?

hope someone can help as i am hoping to buy tomorrow.....:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us