Need help transferring home movies to computer!

Username: Anonymous

Post Number: 1
Moderators, is this is not the correct thread, please advise. Looked like the closest match for my dilemma.

I have a digital camcorder that uses mini DV tapes and I thought exporting movies to my laptop would be simple.

The camera is a Canon ZR600, and the software is Canon's "Digital Video v 20" The icon the installation left on my desktop is called "ZoomBrowser EX" and when I open it, I get the same screen as the adobe file shows. I click "export" from the first menus, "export movies" from the second, but the next step "select movie" cannot be completed because I'm guessing the software is not seeing the camera, which is connected with the usb cable that came with the camera. Tried both usb ports and both work with my mouse, so that's not the issue. What is unclear to me is....does the camera have to be on? Does it have to be in "play"? in "camera"? What about the other switches? The book doesn't help so I assume none of that matters and that the software should recognize the camera when connected, even if it is off. (but I've tried on also). I just got this camera so this is the first time I've tried this, and the manual is no help whatsoever. Anybody know what I might be doing wrong here? I would much appreciate an email if anyone can help! Thank you! (PS, I use XP and the software manual says Apple Quicktime has to be installed UNLESS you are using XP, so I installed only the Canon Digital Video)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us