Cox Cable TV volume varies...

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 30
Recently I have been having volume problems with my cox cable connected tv. Not only does the volume vary wildly between channels but now while viewing the same channel, when it switches from one scene within the same program, the volume lowers significantly and then slowly increases to the original level. Do I have a TV problem or is this a COX cable problem and can it be fixed ?
Thanks, Chuck

fx
Unregistered guest
If you are using a cable box (STB) there is no problem that everyone else in the USA experiences.
When the network programming switches to a commercial the DD5.1 sound is switched to PCM which is naturally louder plus they crank up the volume so you will be sure to notice a commercial is now on like you didn;t alrready know this.

Switching between analog and digital channels will have volume differences due top the same audio switching mentioned above.

It cannot be fixed yet, if ever.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 31
Thanks,
However, my volume also varies while listening to the same channel when it switches to a different scene, such as watching the olympics. When they switch from one event to the other the volume lowers then builds back up. Is this a common problem also or am I the only one experiencing it?
Thanks Chuck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us