HDMI from Component real difference?

Username: Omega

Post Number: 1
Iam hesitent to buy a HDMi cable bc the price is there a real difference from Component to HDMI.

fx
Unregistered guest
Real? Yes! Noticeable? Not usually.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 721
A couple of years ago when I became a student of video (haven't graduated yet), I couldn't understand why a 36 pin printer cable was $7 and a 6 ft DVI cable was $100. I think the industry was taking advantage of people's ignorance. Same thing with HDMI. But when you can get this in 5 business days at this cost, the experiment becomes feasible.....

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023102 &p_id=2504&style=&seq=1&format=1

Username: Jreask

Post Number: 1
I have a 32" lcd with DVI inputs and a Directv HD receiver with HDMI outputs. I bought a $20 HDMI to DVI cable and the results were astonishing. Clarity and color improved at least 50%. I recommend HDMI/DVI over component cables. My two cents.

fx
Unregistered guest
One reason many people see a big difference is that their display inputs are not calibrated properly for the different type of inputs. Separate color, tint, black level and brightness settings are necessary between an analog and a digital signal. When properly calibrated most people will see little to no difference.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us