Just pulled the trigger on the Sony SXRD. How did I do?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnhunter44

Post Number: 36
I have been looking for a couple of months for a 50" TV and could not find one with a better picture than the 50" SXRD Sony. I negotiated a price of $2879.00 from Circuit City. How did I do? I also purchased the 4 year warranty....

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 229
Nice buy.How much was the 4yr plan through circuit for?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnhunter44

Post Number: 37
$549.00 and that includes bulbs, so I figured that I will need at least one or two bulbs in 4 years, so maybe that is not so bad. Piece of mind means a lot to me. In the past, I bought a CRTrp from CC and bought the warranty. 2 yrs later, the green tube went out and after 2 visits, the service guy could not get the picture correct. When I went to CC, the manager said I had had too many problems with my TV and to pick out a new one. They really did stand behind it then, so I feel more comfortable now with this new technology....

Username: Tolawyer

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
Why didn't you consider the 60 inch SXRD. Did you notice anything inferior about the picture in the 60 inch version?

Tolawyer

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 26
The next wave of SXRDs are actually gonna accept a 1080p input, the current SXRD does not.

That is probably why Sony had the $500 dollar price drop.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 247
Prolly had a 500 price dropcause its electronics.When someting first coms out it alway drops in price. 1080p is way overatted anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us