TIVO to DVD Recorder, copyright problems!?!

Unregistered guest
I have a DirectTV Tivo system, which has a "Record to VCR" option on everything I record. I bought a Toshiba D-R4 DVD recorder and have it hooked up through the Component input and everytime I try to copy a movie recorded from HBO or other premium channels, my recorder stops after 2 minutes saying "content is copy protected", and then stops recording with no option to continue.

The whole reason I bought the recorder is to copy stuff from my TIVO to DVD, mainly movies, just like I used to do with my old VCR, but now I can't!

My main question is how can I get around this? My recorder only stops when I use DVD-R media, but not DVD-RAM media, but then I can't use the DVD-RAM media on other DVD players, so that's not an option.

Would DVD Red Pro help here, and is it updated enough to remove current copy protection? Remember that I am NOT going from DVD to DVD, but TIVO to DVD, so basically TV to DVD. Are there any other devices similar to DVD Red Pro that do the same thing or maybe even better?

Also, would different connection cables make a difference? I would lower the level of my cables to S-Video or Composite or even RF if it made a difference.

DVRCopier
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem. I solved it with GODVD.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2295
Copy once protection.

Username: Tresa

Post Number: 5
DVRCopier could you please explain how you hooked that stabilizer up to work?
where i want to use one is on the second TV my setup is coaxial to dvd recorder then rca and coaxial to tv... Thank you

DVRCopier
Unregistered guest
GODVD only accepts RCA (yellow) and s-video inputs and outputs. If you have an RCA I have had luck using a splitter. If you absolutely must have coax GODVD won't work for you.

DVRCopier
Unregistered guest
GODVD only accepts RCA (yellow) and s-video inputs and outputs. If you have an RCA I have had luck using a splitter. If you absolutely must have coax GODVD won't work for you.

Post Number: 6
David what does copy once protected mean exactly please?

Post Number: 7
I was wondering if someone could please explain to me from the very beginning how to hook up the stabilizer to record from my dish dvr to a dvd...
the dish comes into my home from a coax then it goes off to a tv dvd player a vcr and i am going to either add on this vhs dvd recorder or replace my vhs with it depending on what i find out on installing this stabilizer... Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us