Is my crt tube dead ?

Username: Wiilm

Post Number: 1
Hi

It's a 16 year old panasonic :D

My spouse says that whilst watching the tv the picture suddenly shrank to a small box size in the centre of a surrounding black screen.

Then it went to a thin line of moving colour about 1/4 thick across the entire width of the screen and half way up it

she switched off and could only get a total black screen after turning on again.

I turned it on when i came in and managed to get the thin moving line across the screen again but that's all.

I'm assuming its dead but want to check before
I give the heave-ho to an old friend that when working still looked to have a better picture than many recent tv's

Thankyou

manual says - Tv tube 51cm V FST 110 degree

freak
Unregistered guest
It's not the pix tube. What size of tv is it? It should cost less than $150 to fix it if you take it to a good shop.

Username: Wiilm

Post Number: 2
Thanks it's a 21"
Since I posted I checked it out at a local repair shop, he said it was the frame chip - around £50 uk replace and fix.
He didn't think it was worth it given the age and general condition of the set weighed against the price of new 21 " tv's now.
[he doesn't sell tv's :D]

freak
Unregistered guest
Well, if you can get a new Panasonic 21" tv for 50 pounds that looks as good at you say your old one did then I would go for it but I think 50 pounds is about $90 here in the US and, last time I looked, $90 wasn't going to get anything I want to watch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us