SAMSUNG DLP 5063W Shuts down..

Username: Jaladanki

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have a 14 month old Samsung DLP 50" (HL-P5063W). For the past 2 months I see a problem where in the TV shuts off itself after using it for 4 - 5 hours. Once it shuts off, I let it cool for a minute and turn it back on. The TV comes back without a problem but shuts off more frequently after that.

This has been repeating for the past 2 months. Can anyone help me as to what could be wrong. I did not buy extended warrenty on this so I am out of luck. Any help is appreciated in this regard...

Thanks in Advance...

rrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem with the 5065. I just called samsung and told them they should have to fix it for all the money i spent. Its not easy but they will give you service for free. Mine led into more problems and i ended up getting the 5067 because they couldn't fix it. next problem after that was my screen turned all red once it started to warm up. Good luck they are a big problem. just complain to them and don't let them push you around. Tell them you paid a lot of money for there tv and it should work longer then a year and half. Talk to there boss if they can't help you. They got to learn to test there product before forcing it out. they should do the service for you for free. Let me know how it goes.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 613
Sounds like a thermal cut-off. It could be that the fans are slowing from dust accumulation. Take the back off. Look for a cover switch near the edge that you can tape closed so the set will run with the back off. There should be two fans. One is for the lamp and the other is for the DMD controller module. You can clean up the fans and the rest of the inside with the brushy attachment to your vac hose. Power up the set to see if both fans are operating. If one or more have died they are easy to replace and can be found on www.samsungparts.com

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your help guys..I will give a try cleaning it up this weekend and let you guys know how it goes..I will also try calling Samsung on Monday and try to get a service call from them...Thanks for ur help again..

San Jose, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Hello,

On the weekend I removed the cover on the back, used a vacuum cleaner to dust off the interior and put back the cover. Now I see that the shutdown problem is GONE....Thanks for ur help guys...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us