DVD on multiple TV's

Username: Perfectdrift

Post Number: 1
I am setting up a couple tv's in my basement and would like to be able to view the same thing on each (concert dvd). What are one's options in doing this? Splitting a single signal, running s-video, component, or composite. I really don't have a clue here. Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Mph

Post Number: 11
There are several ways to do this:

1.You can buy a device called an RF Modulator (used for older tv's that only have coax inputs no composite). The composite video into the unit is sent out via coax which can be split to each set. Just tune each set to the channel set on the unit. Sound and picture will only be o.k. using this method.

2. Most tv's have inputs and outputs for audio and video. Hook the composite from the dvd into on set, then use the output from that set to reach the input of the other. This method can be adapted to other signal cables depending on the ins and outs of the set as you know.

3. You can by an adapter (y adapter) to split the composite out of the dvd and RCA used for car audio install (lengths around 20ft.) can be sent to each set's inputs.

4. Use the multiple ouputs from the DVD. Say s-video to one set and composite to the other.

You will need to do some research one splitters for s-video and so forth as I'm not sure if these are made or not. Not sure of the max lengths of s-video cables either. RCA's (patch cables) as mentioned above are made to fairly long lengths for car audio usage. Good luck!

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your help. It looks like I have some options here. The RF modulator seems like a real inexpensive solution.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2283
The modulator should be a last resort, the picture quality will be poor compared to s-video or composite.

Post Number: 4
What about running an s-video y-splitter out of the DVD player and run s-video to the tv? One would that work with the component video running to the other 'main' tv and also how decent is the quaility? Thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2285
Component will give the best quality, s-video next, composite next. If you can connect one with component and one with s-video, do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us