JVC 55" hd-ila, anyone have this model# hd55g466?

Anonymous

I found this JVC 55" hd-ila model # hd55g466 at Sam's for 2399 with a stand. I have not seen the 55" anywhere. I've seen the 52" and the 56". Is this an older model or something designed for Sams only?

Unregistered guest
The Sams in West Knoxville has it for $2000 with the stand. I am trying to dig up some research as well on this. They have it coded as a discontinued item I think. Anyone who knows anything about this it would be great to hear if this is a good buy or something not worth it.

Username: Mark_1

Post Number: 2
Regarding my initial post, I've contacted JVC and was told that the 55" has the same internals/technology as the 52" and 56". He told me that they made special models for Sam's and Costco. I'm not sure if this is true, but if anyone has any info please let us know.

Username: Netpanter

Powder Aprings, Ga USA

Post Number: 1
I am also looking into the purchase of the HD55G466 from Sams. I have been reading the posts on the lamps of the 52inch. Please advise what you all know about this model and if it has the same problems as the 52 inch. I do worry about replacing bulbs so often.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruceorlando

Orlando, Florida US of A

Post Number: 22
Regarding the difference between the Sams and Costco versions, the light engines and internals *are* the same and the other retail models.

I know one thing that is different is the number and type of inputs, such as Cable Card, PC, Firewire, etc..

As for bulbs, AFAIK all of the 720 sets use the same Toshiba TS-CL110U bulb.

-bruce

Bronze Member
Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 69
Bruce and everyone else,

Not only do the 720p HD-ILA TVs use the same bulb/lamps, but even the 1080p versions use the same lamp, both the Consumer "FH" series and the Pro HD-P61R1U and HD-P70R1U also.

That part number is TS-CL110UAA

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489
tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net
http://tapeworkstexas.com/home_theater.html

Username: Mark_1

Post Number: 3
Well I purchased the 55" JVC from Costco 2weeks ago. We were very happy with the picture, however, we went out of town for a week and returned to having a red image on half of the left side of the screen and also on the far right side. I'm returning it to Costco and swapping it for the same. Hope we have better luck. Anyone have this problem?

Username: Tvod

I purchased the HD55G456 6 days ago from Costco in Riverside, Ca. for $2375.00 including stand. So far so good. The picture quality is surprisingly good on most SD programming. There is one thing bugging me however and that is the constant humming of the cooling fans. I have read posts on other TVs (mitsubishi is one)complaining of fan noise and am wondering if fan noise is common to all rear projection TVs or maybe mine is unusally noisy.

Username: Brottawa

Aloha, OR

I just purchased the HD55G456 at a Costco in Aloha, OR for $2000 (display model with stand). The picture quality and brightness in the "dynamic" picture mode is awesome...much better than sony and Samsung in my opinion. Very pleased, but I am perturbed by the incessant fan noise as well. I'll see if this pushes me to return an otherwise excellent tv with superb picture.

Regarding the fan noise on my HD55G456 D-ILA.. Well I've been logging a lot of hours on this TV and so far we are very happy with it. The fan noise is still a little annoying at low volume (vol setting 8 or below) but I have gotten used to it and it does not really bother me now. This is surprising because I am usually very sensitive to that kind of thing. I think that the tendancy for a new purchase (especially one of 2k plus!) is to magnify any imperfection. While I would prefer no noise at all I'm pretty sure most if not all modern rear projections sets have some fan noise.

Username: Ttviper

Cali

Hi Guys,
Great forum here ! I also recently purchased the HD55G456 from Costco and for the most part I am very happy with it..When I watch HDTV the picture is awesome..But when I watch regular boradcasted channels its VERY grainy..I'm on COX cable.
Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of the picture?

Tks

J

Post Number: 3
I have Dish network and Standard def is surprisingly good! Before I even had purchased my TV I was set on immediately ordering a HD receiver and purchasing their HD package which is a minimum of $11.00 per mo. for only 5 or 6 HD channels! but after watching this TV for 4 or 5 weeks I am not sure I really need the HD because on most channels the PQ is really very good.

Username: Brottawa

Aloha, OR

One more comment: I have a 500W, 12" subwoofer...when it hits the low notes the image on the projection screen flutters a little, probably a pixel or two in distance. I have tried damping the tv case itself, but it looks like the subwoofer is actually shaking the projection lens and not the tv case. Frustrating, but not a huge deal I suppose.

Does anyone know if this effect is present with other rear projection screens?

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 13
Brian,

I had the same problem and actually had to move my sub to a different location.

Username: Np56

FLorida

Hi, I just bought this model at Costco over he weekend,the picture is great but I cannot get my TIVO remote to turn it on. The Tivo renote works on the up/down volume, mute and off, but not for power on. Has anyone had the same issue? If so, what was your solution?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us