RCA MM52110 52" Rear Proj - POWER On Problem

Username: Sarahven

Hatfield, PA USA

Post Number: 2
We had a power outage back in August 05, hubby smelled something in rear of TV - called repairman -6 weeks later and over $300 set was returned working - power supply-fuse replaced.(I guess).40 days after that power went out for 30 seconds - TV did not power on AGAIN! Unplugged from wall - plugged back in - still nothing - called repairman AGAIN - he came and took another power supply - (these TV's I think have three different pwr supplies. He bench tested and repaired (I guess!) and 4-5 weeks later he brought it back-and TV is working. Last nite we had another power surge for 30 seconds - TV did not power on - Where's the bridge ! Anyway - I read up on this problem here at forums - and did what the experts say to do - I unplugged the POWER CORD FROM TV - not just from wall. Let TV sit overnite and then plugged the darn power cord back into the TV this morning -- Pressed the 'ON' butter on front of TV and - YES YES - IT WORKS. This business about the TV going into protection mode is quite correct - and I am very please to have found this web site -- It also helped me when we purchased Hitachi with built in HD tuner about a month ago - love those video on demand neighbors, lol. Thanks all and this is a great place to trouleshoot before throwing money out the window. Peace.

Unregistered guest
I have a zenith d52wlcd and when I turn it on
it comes on with a perfect picture for about 45sec.
then it shuts off. anyone please help

if someone can help e-mail me at @
tweston4573@wowway.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us