SONY 52" Projection TV Repair Question

Username: Hugger

Post Number: 1
Hello All..

I have enjoyed this TV for 5 years without flaw..

Just 1 week ago the Left side of the screen became out of alignment. If you were to look at the screen. 10inches from the far left side of the picture is fine, but as you look farther left the Blue or one of the colors begins to seperate from slignment from the other 2 colors, and as you get closer and closer to the left edge of the tv the sepperation gets wider and wider.. It hard to see anything on the left side of the screen, as it's blurry. I tried to have the auto focus attempt to fix it, no luck.. 70% of the screen is still perfect, except the left side.. I have not called a repair shop as yet, and I live out in the boonies so getting it to a repair shop is hard, as I don't have a truck. Has anyone ever had this type of problem.. Anyone have an idea on how to repair, or how much it might cost? It's like as if one of the reflecting mirrors or reflecting strip inside has began to bend up on one of the colors. I'm somewhat mechanicly inclined. I've built engines for cars before, but never attempted this, Could I do it? Is this an easy fix?

Let me know..

Thank you.

Clint

Post Number: 2
No one loves me......

Colin Lindsey
Unregistered guest
Clint,
I just have gotten the same problem with my TV. Also a Sony, also about 5 years old. I think mine is a KP53HS20 or 30. This really pisses me off that someone has the exact same problem and the same time. Like Sony made them like this. I have blueish, and redish lines like this at the bottom right and top left. When counters on CNN or ESPNews are on, it is very apparent. Also the focus is messed up in the middle. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Post Number: 3
Anyone??? 2 people here with the same problem..

Clint
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us