Comcast basic service on HDTV

Sam30324
Unregistered guest
I just got hooked up with HD box on my HDTV ready TV. I get all the channels from Comcast upto 80.But somehow, through the HD box, i only get the basic which is only 31 channels.
Now my question is, is there something that the technician did to the box for me not to view all thos channels or is there something i can change on the box to view all the channels.
One more question is, i have RCA HD Ready TV and it doesnt have any input for co-axial cable,is there a way i can still hook up my ccoaxial cable into the TV? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Username: Hithere29201

Post Number: 1
sounds confusing Sam..could u elaborate?

Don8383
Unregistered guest
Depending on where you live, that HD box may only have a digital tuner. If it is the 3412 Motorola, that may be your problem. So the channels you ARE recieving are the already converted digital channels. The others are not.

Username: Shancan

Does Hd ready mean it has a NTSC tuner built? And what is ATSC. Is that the cable box.

fx
Unregistered guest
"Does Hd ready mean it has a NTSC tuner built? And what is ATSC. Is that the cable box."

No an NTSC tuner is an analog tuner, an ATSC tuner is an OTA tuner. A digital HD tuner is called a QAM tuner.

HD ready means you need to feed it an HD input from some other tuner outside your display. ATSC for OTA, or a SAT tuner or a digital cable HD tuner.

xvxvxvx

Username: Crestapre

I've got a Samsung DLP HLR5067 hooked up direct to cable input(COMP1)w/o a box using the TV tuner NTSC/ATSC as well as the Comcast HD box hooked up with DVI cable to (COMP2).

I see no difference between these two set ups.
Am I getting HD w/o the STB?

Can I ditch the STB and use the CC and still have HD?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us