Slight horizontal jitter on Toshiba projection HDTV 65H82

Username: Jazzharmonicat

Bedford, TX USA

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a used Toshiba 65" rear projection TV, model 65H82. I'm using it with a Comcast HDTV cable tuner. It pretty much works fine (after it "warms up"), convergence is perfect, but it has this tiny squiggle on any vertical edges that are in the picture -- mostly on non-HD channels. When I first turn the TV on, all the non-HD channels have an extreme horizontal jitter problem, until it warms up. It actually looks like it is "learning" how to lock in the picture. The HD channels will lock in right away, but there will be this tiny squiggle on the vertical edges of the picture (and all across the picture), mostly at the top. After a while, those squiggles go away on most HD channels.
Within a few minutes after "warming up", the non-HD channels will lock in fine, but the tiny squiggles will be there.
If I leave the TV on all the time and just turn the cable tuner off and on, when I turn on the cable tuner, both HD and non-HD pictures are fine, but even then, whenever I switch from an HD channel to a non-HD channel, there is a little time before the picture stabilizes.
It looks like there is a phase lock loop that is taking its time to lock in when I turn the tV on or switch between HD and non-HD channels. I think this same phase-lock-loop thing is causing the tiny horizontal squiggles.
Any suggestions, other than calling for a service call? This is not under warranty.
Specs can be found at:
http://www10.shopping.com/xPF-Toshiba_65H82
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us