Antenna reception difficulties

Anonymous

I'm having difficulties getting ABC in HD through my antenna. I've been on antennaweb.org and I'm only 3 miles from the tower. I am in a "red" zone though. Is this bad? I just bought a couple more expensive antennas that I plan on trying out this evening. Will an outdoor antenna be necessary? All I really want this for is to be able to watch the Super Bowl in HD. I'd even just temporarily set one of these indoor antennas on the roof during the game. Or would I have to get the expensive outdoor antenna and go through the hassle of setting that up? Help.

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 11
from a previous post, I suggested the following:

Try a Radio Shack U-75R UHF yagi, $25 plus a 15-1140 matching transformer and 75 ohm cable, length to fit. You will end up with $40 or $50 in it. The antenna is very directional, you point it directly towards the transmitting antenna site.

Even if you have to tie it to something on your roof, or in a tree, etc. - just get it up in the air and pointed towards your ABC transmitting tower. Bring the coax cable all the way in to your ATSC tuner box or TV ATSC tuner "antenna in" connector NOTE: I am assuming your ABC station broadcasts in the UHF frequencies (14-69)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us