Satelite conversion

Username: Billsfan

Houston, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a HDTV 55" Mitsubishi. High Def through COAX antenae connections, 2 sets of 480p progressive inputs. Just upgraded Direct TV high def, receiver with HDMI connection and progressive outs. Does anyone know of a convesion of HDMI to coax antenae input.

my2cents
Unregistered guest
i don't think you have any other choice. For Cable TV or DTV, connection from the wall to your Receiver is a coax cable then you have an option from your receiver to TV, either HDMI, components, rca, or coax again. Hope this answer your question.

Anonymous

just use your component P Y R jacks for picture and rca L&R stereo jacks for sound since you don't mention an a/v receiver

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
Yes there is a HDMI conversion for Coax, but it will cost a tone of money as I investigated this already. After a lot of searching I found out that there are not much difference or even no difference between a Component and HDMI connections. The only good thing about HDMI is that if your TV does up conversion then it is worth the money to invest to get a COAX to HDMI converter, what this does is basically upcoverts any signal be it digital, HD or just a regular channel signal, it will be up-converted to HD quality which is neat. Check out your TV's Specs and then decide what you want to do. If you don't have that option in your TV then don't bother wasting money on the converter. My TV upconverts that's why I invested the money for the converter.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us