Where to put diseqc sw in motorized system?

Silver Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 108
2 lnb stationary and 1 dual cir and lin output on motorized dish. Diseqc after motor or before?

ViniDomine
Unregistered guest
I believe a motorized dish should have one universal LNBF since the motor will move the dish to the appropriate satellite depending on your channel selection. If you want multi sats on one dish makes no sense having a motor in my opinion. I could be wrong. You can either go with multiple fixed dishes/lnbs with a DiSEqC or a single motorized dish 1 LNB with a motor.
Good luck.

Vini

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
QPH031 invacom dual circular dual linear lnb. Only points at 1 sat at a time but, has 2 circular outputs for 2 recievers and likewise 2 linear outputs again for 2 recievers. The reason for all this in one lnb case is so you can use circular side for DN and BEV, and linear side for sats like 105,121,galaxy 10. So I need a switch in all theis mess. i believe it goes by thelnb after the motor connections. Qph031 is a great lnb I will have 2 ports of switch hooked there, and the other two on a 2 cable run to the stationary d500 dish setup. The reason for all this is to speed channel change rate at core sats 110 and 119. Otherwise you wait alot while dish turning and motor wearing itself out.

ViniDomine
Unregistered guest
you want 2 receivers to be fed right? the motor can only use one feed so from the motor to the dish you are stuck with one cable right? I'm sorry I can't figure out a way to have multiple feeds... perhaps trying a DP34 switch between the motor and the receiver? as an experiment I mean.

Vini

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
I'm sorry I'm only using 1 cir and 1 lin at this time to 1 reciever. sorry for the confusion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us