White pixel sometimes on my DLP screen?

Username: Johnnyo

Bradenton, FL Usa

Post Number: 1
I've had my Samsung 43" (Model: HLN4365W) about 3 years. Never had a problem, but now, sometimes (always in the same spot) I get a little white pixel that shows up.

It comes and goes, very weird. Any idea? Could this mean my lamp is going? This just started happening.

Bradenton, FL Usa

Post Number: 3
Also, the pixel sometimes flickers. But it's ALWAY white colored (which stands out big time!). Could something be on the mirrors (dust)?

Anonymous

You possible have a bad DMD pcb.

Bronze Member
Username: Samsungtech

Post Number: 17
You have a bad DMD...

Bradenton, FL Usa

Post Number: 4
What's a DMD (the mirror lens?) and how much is it to replace something like that?

I'm pretty handy, is it something I can do myself or have to take it to a Samsung dealer?

Bradenton, FL Usa

Post Number: 5
^

Unregistered guest
I had the same problem and after contacting Samsung they asked me to switch to cable instead of satellite and WHALLA! pixels re-lite. Have had same problem several times and it is the satellite signal. This could be your problem, so, I hope this solves your problem. We haven't encountered the problem since they changed the dish and HD box.

Bradenton, FL Usa

Post Number: 6
I will definitely try that. I am using cable right now (don't have satellite), but I will try another source and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

Bradenton, FL Usa

Post Number: 8
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I tried hooking up my HD DVD player (with the DVI connection) and I even tried getting a different cable HDMI instead of using component, but it's still there. I think it's time to call Samsung... ;(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us