Burning with Nero. Not playing on a home machine

Unregistered guest
Sorry if this is a duplicate post....

I am having a problem playing a DVD on my home machine(s) I use DVD Decypter to get a movie on my hard drive. I use Nero 6 to burn the files to a DVD (I was told to use data dvd). Nero burns the DVD fine (takes awhile) it plays fine on my computer BUT no matter what DVD stand alone player I use (I have tried 3 different ones) it will give me an error message.

I am using dual layer dvd's and my burner supports this. How can I make these discs play on a home machine?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2166
Your problem is probably the dual layer discs, you need a player capable of playing dual layer burned discs. If I can't fit a movie on 1 single layer disc, I just split it and use 2 discs, it's far cheaper and the discs play on any DVD player.

Pirate Al
Unregistered guest
The double layer DVD's claim to be able to play in dvd players. This is not so?

On the back of the disc it says "Once this DVD+R DL is written it will maintain compatibility with most DVD video players and DVD-ROM drives."

Not home machines????

Gold Member

Post Number: 2168
Not many players claim to play burned dual layer discs, older players definitely wouldn't make that claim. Are you setting the booktype to DVD-ROM? + discs have never had the compatibility of - discs. That said it could be the quality of the discs themselves, or the burner. Most burners tend to favor certain brands of media and dislike others.

Pirate Al
Unregistered guest
I'm using Fuji DVD +R DL. It says once written to it will play.

It plays fine on a few different computers, just not my stand alone(s)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2171
Are you setting the booktype to DVD-ROM? If not you should be.

Username: Lilgoof504

Reserve , Louisiana Usa

Post Number: 1
i am tryin to learn to burn dvd i download off internet if you have any suggerstion could you plaese help me are direct me on how to do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us