Cable HDTV question

Anonymous

After reading several posts, here is the conclusion I have come up with. If I get HSI and basic analog cable (channels 2-99 or whatever it is) through comcast in MD, are they required to also send HDTV local channels to me for free? I remember on some thread either here or in the TV basics subject that there's something about the FCC forcing cable companies to provide this feature. Am I correct? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Cabletool

Midwest

Post Number: 33
The DIGITAL signal for the HD locals is there and in the clear ( as they are OTA as well with an antennae.) You will need an HD tuner to actually view them though. They will not provide the equipment for free. usually you will need a minimum service to qualify for an HD box.

Anonymous

I do have an HDTV w/ atsc tuner and qam. It's a 42 in philips plasma HD w/o ambilight. So I should be able to see it right? In another thread, they said the FCC only forces cable to provide it free if there is not OTA option. True or not? Thanks

Anonymous

I do have an HDTV w/ atsc tuner and qam. It's a 42 in philips plasma HD w/o ambilight. So I should be able to see it right? In another thread, they said the FCC only forces cable to provide it free if there is not OTA option. True or not? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 649
I don't believe that to be true, if the cable company has retransmission consent from the broadcasting source, it should be coming through in the clear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us