Need Help Please...DVD set up....

Username: Ajozefiak

Post Number: 2
Hello,
I am new to all the this dvd recording stuff and am looking for some help. Just bought a Samsung DVD Recorder and want to record a different channel while watching another, set up timer...etc....
Can someone please give me the logistical setup of everything? I have DirecTV HD receiver with a DVD recorder plus a TV (of course). I tried to do it but all I got was a snow storm on DVD.

Thanks!!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2142
You can't record one channel while watching another with a satellite. You also can't record HD. Connect the sat to the recorder with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used.

Username: Jpwin69

St clair, Mi Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a HR10-250 pvr (Direct tv) bought a Samsung dvd-r120. Cannot see an input to the dvd from the pvr. spent hours on tech support for samsung and direct tv. Any Ideas?

Username: Ajozefiak

Post Number: 3
I can't even get it to record the station I am watching. I've tried putting everything on CH. 3, I've tried L1, L2..etc. I've tried just hitting receord while watching a show and still nothing!! What is the secret??? I'm longing for the VCR days!!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2241
Connect the sat to the DVD with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. You can't record HD, so you may have to change settings on the sat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us