Fortec Ultra's New vs Old....big difference

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 254
With Ultra's U must be careful...there is a big difference between OLD and NEW series Ultra's..Be very careful what bins U use...they are NOT interchangeable...and ultra's suck to put N2 keys in manually...there is NO auto roll bins for NEW Ultra's..

Open casing to see which tuner U have:
Old Ultra's have a 614 tuner
New have a 624 tuner

Older Ultras can use the 256T,101T (MANUAL KEY EDIT CAPABILITY) and the 267CS and 270T bins...267T and 270T have autoroll

New Ultra's must use the 284T bins or the 101T..with the 101T U can manually edit the keys

All these bins except the 284's will turn your Fortec Ulta into a Pansat,which is a good thing...more and better bins..

IF U USE ANY OTHER BINS OR GET THESE MIXED UP U WILL KILL YOUR RECEIVER..

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
BTW...the above applies to Ultra clones also..like Pantec Ultra's and others...NOT only Fortec..

Username: Slipperyer

Post Number: 7
anyone with fried recievers (fortec), trade them into ariza. Google arizatechnology and click on the flashing update. Good deal, I did it and I am happy to get rid of the fortec.

Username: Webspyder01

Post Number: 2
I`ve been told that the viewsat is the least trouble.,any opinions? xtreme?

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
This thread is about Ulta's..NOT viewsat...

DO NOT HIJACK TOPIC THREADS!!! MOST SITES WILL BAN U FOR THREAD HIJACKING!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 47
LK - I've used both the 284T bin and the 101T bin and they both turn your Fortecs into Pansants, however they do not allow you to change keys. If you have any info please pass it. But all the info I have as well as tests I've done will not allow you to change keys (well it will, but only Nag 1 keys) it does not switch to Nag 2 as states in many places.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Everyone - Beware that there are files that will fry your old and new fortecs as stated by LK. Got a few Door Stops now (Fortecs).

BTW LK - You are right about Pansats!

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 96
Ok here we go; FLU March 2005 (sticker on back), New according to picture (looks like new one). Has 614 tuner, board date; 2004.07.09, Chipset #29LV800DB 70TC processor unknown. Will autoroll work with all 614 tuners? Old Tuner , new box???????

Always something!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
LK - disregard my post above! Some fool posted a bad bin file and that's why I wasn't able to edit keys! Again - I agree with you 100% Pansat better the Fortec. So for those reading "Use the 101t bin file and save yourself some trouble.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
RAC - Use 284 or 101 bin (No Autoroll available for newer models as of yet) Don't know if there ever will be! LK has posted good instructions on how to input keys! READ READ READ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
I know,But I have a odd set up old tuner and new style box. which way do I turn?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
RAC - My bad! I should have read instead of telling you to reed. Your problem is pretty simple! It's not the box, but what's inside. You have an old tuner in a new box!

"Older Ultras can use the 256T,101T (MANUAL KEY EDIT CAPABILITY) and the 267CS and 270T bins...267T and 270T have autoroll"

That's your answer!

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
He has a bad chipset though, which is a target for killer codes..I would ONLY use the 101T, cause its safe and best bin..has bettet EPG and picture than 256c or 256T...and that 70 chipset is a target with the 270 T autoroll..

Basically, I say its time to junk ALL the Ultra's..there is VERY limited SAFE software..U must have both a good 0614 tuner and a good chipset too...U will spend all your time either worrying about your next bin or jtagging it...its like beating a dead horse now...or keepimg an old car and worrying or fixing it all the time..REACH into your pockets,spend $165 and get a coo*lsat 5000 , pansat 3500 or viewsat extreme..

Keep the Ultra, if its not your sole source of family TV and its just a hobby..

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
Chipset combos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the ultra chipsets that are good with Pansat bins:

GOOD COMBOs

good ==cpu>sti5518bvc chipset>39vf800a 70 4c ek

good ==cpu>sti5518bvc chipset>29lv800 btc 90

bad (meaning do not flash with pansat bins)

BAD COMBOs

bad == cpu>sti5518bqc chipset>39vf800a 70 4c ek

bad ==cpu>sti5518bvc chipset>29lv800 bbtc 70

bad == cpu>sti5518bvc chipset>29lv800BE - 70 PFTN

There are many more chipsets,but I have no more info now on which is good or bad..maybe others can add to this thread..but as U can see the 70's chipsets are the main targets..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I guess I'll leave that horse as a 256t and enter the codes!

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
FORTEC OWNERS...Now I wonder if anyone else could give me a comparison of the board date in relation to the box it is in. example new box, 614 tuner, board date 2004.07.09 on fortec unit so we can figure which unit can and can't be upgraded to an autoroll and still work!

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
hey i have 256t on mine right now and it still works. Does that mean that i have an old fortec in a new case?

Pepe Smith
Unregistered guest
am using 270 and working fine as per LK that is the old fortec ultra.

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
Some of the newer Ultra's 2005 have the 0614 tuner...but most have the 0624 with 70 chipsets, so build date means little..

RAC...yours is July/Sept 2004 U said...thats considered an older Ultra..but a possible 70 bad chip..

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
Trade in Ultra, clone or pantec deal with ariza..

http://arizatechnology.com/catalog/upgrade/

Username: Bertman99

Post Number: 1
There Is a new fix out for the fortec ultra that allows the use of the 270t auto roll bin. It uses two resistors soldered to the board. If you don't have a heat sink on the processor I would suggest putting one on it. Here is the fix:

Here is a MOD Variation: This time with the FLU and the Late Model 04 & 05 0614 Tuner:

1. Remove receiver cover
2. Remove 3 wiring harnesses
3. Remove 3 screws securing main board
4. Remove 4 nuts/washers on coaxial connectors
5. Remove 2 screws on serial connector
6. Remove1 screw from center of a/v connectors
7. Remove 2 screws securing front face assembly
8. Remove main board
9. Solder resistors (1=22-ohm 1/2 watt & 1=4.7k-ohm 1/4 watt) according to diagram
10. Re-assemble in reverse order.

GOLD | Black | Red | Red = 22 ohms, +/-5%

GOLD | Red | Violet | Yellow = 4.7 Kohms, +/-5%

This has also been reported working with the 0624 tuner but I don't have one so I don't know. Mine has been working for over a day now. Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
LK - What do you know about Ariza? I saw your post above that says trade and right about now as much as I work with Fortecs, they are about as useless as can be! I'm thinking new receiver!

Username: Gr8fulnewbie

Post Number: 1
I just ordered a Ultra. I hope its the friendly chipset and processor. I will check against LK's specs. My questions are 1. I have an old 36" primestar dish. Will this be compatitble with Dish and Bel...etc. Anyone that is will not be compatible with? If this wont work, what is a good strong dish? Also, should I get a motorized system? I have been shopping for a motor. If so, which are recommended with a dish of this size, (Providing I can use it.)

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
Ariza is OK...there are files available..and anything is better than Fortec IMO..

I would have grabbed the Ariza 700 trade in for $54 (promo ended 31 Jan),that was a steal!..but I wouldn't go spend much more on Ariza..I'd buy a co*olsat 5000, viewsat extreme or pansat 3500 for $165..

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
jake you can use the prime dish but youll have to replace the old lnb.if your just gonna be watching dish and bev then put too lnbs on the prime dish for 110,119 and get a 18in dish for bev and use the disque switch that comes with the receiver

Post Number: 2
Grim, I appreciate the guidance, but I honestly dont understand a thing you said. I need 2 new lnb's for the dish, I understood that. What type of LNB's should I order? Also, I hate to bother you guys with loads of questions. Is there a decent tutorial on this for a person fresh into it. I have computer knowedge. But SAT TV is new to me totally. Seems like I would be capable of learning it, but need a good overview. Thanks again for the fast reply. Also, what about the motorized system? Is the worth the extra investment?

Anonymous

alguien me podra ayudar con un recibidor de satelite ?

Post Number: 3
Hey all, I found the following LNB on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISH-PRO-QUAD-LNB-DISH-NETWORK-BELL-EXPRESSVU_W0QQitemZ58611 26104QQcategoryZ32843QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Will this be all I need to hook up to a primestar dish to get dish network and Bel, or echostar? Also, how do I mount this monster if it's what I need? Do they have a special mounting system for this dish to mount a quad LNB?

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
these http://cgi.ebay.com/Dish-Network-Pair-2-Dual-Legacy-LNBFs-LNB-NEW-BOX-BUY_W0QQit emZ5858859436QQcategoryZ32843QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and mount them on your dish with this http://cgi.ebay.com/DISH-NETWORK-500-YOKE-Y-ADAPTER-LNB-BRACKET_W0QQitemZ5861124 856QQcategoryZ32844QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Non dish dual great LNB Circular and linear pricey but worth it. I have one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/QPH031-Invacom-0-3db-Circular-Linear-KU-LNBF-NEW_W0QQitemZ58 59611536QQcategoryZ32848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Thanks LK! Definitively going with something else. I know Fortecs inside and out, but the lack of support is killing me! I've played a bit with Pansats and as far as I can see there is plenty of files and support in every forum I go to. Not really familiar with Viewsats or Co*olsats, so I'll stick to what I know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Many people love their Pansat 3500...they are simple to use and do have the most support..they will be the last to go., I think..

Post Number: 4
Thanks Grim, going to get those. What about making the system motorized? Is it worth it?

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
i wouldnt mess with a motor unless you get a 30 to 36in dish and use it for free to air channels

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
if your old prime lnb is still good you can use it to get ku channels.if you wanted to go that way you could get a motor to move the dish then only need one dishnet lnb that you could mount on the side of your ku lnb

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
I forgot you already have a prime dish if your old prime lnb is still good you can use it to get ku channels.if you wanted to go that way you could get a motor to move the dish then only need one dishnet lnb that you could mount on the side of your ku lnb

Post Number: 5
Cool, thanks. After doing a bunch of research, if this Fortec gives me a lot of problems, I am just going to buy a cool-sat 5000 platinum system with motor, dish, complete. But this will hopefully provide insight on this and can aid in my learning. Thanks again for all the advice!!

Anonymous

can anyone confirm if Jim Eberts mod to the Fortec is working with a 0624 tuner?

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
It has been confirmed at [link removed] ..They do mods there all the time..I believe it was them who posted the mod info originally...they are up on this tuner and chipset info and many various mods..

Post Number: 6
LK, is this a decent deal?

http://cgi.ebay.c* m/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5859222613&category=32848

And will it provide everything I need hardware wise? I was also thinking of one of the new Blackbird with the Auto Key Search feature. Do you know anything about them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us