HDMI Help

Bronze Member
Username: Jpatey

Post Number: 15
I have a Samsung 5067W I bought an HDMI cable to connect my Scientific Atlantic 8300 cable box to the TV to free up a component input. I can only get the TV to work on the HD channels, I get a message of "mode not supported" on all other channels. I have been on the phone with SAmsung who says its a Cablevision problem and Cablevision who tells me they do not support the HDMI connection they only offer it due to requests. Does anyone have any ideas?????

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 636
John~ I don't know if this helps your problem or not, but the SA8300 works fine with Sony's, Mitsubishi's, JVC's, Hitachi's and a few others in TWC's systems. I don't know of any Samsungs that will work when using the HDMI, the error message "this device does not support HDCP, please use your component cables to view pictures" (or something close to that) appears on the TV. The keywording is "this device does not support HDCP", indicates that something in the Samsungs is not up to code when it comes to cable company STB's. Since you are a part of Cablevision, and I'm in a TWC system I'd have to say there is something Samsung needs to do to correct the problem. I could be wrong, but take it for what it's worth. If it works on a Sony, why doesn't it work on a Samsung???

Bronze Member
Username: Jpatey

Post Number: 19
Yeah I went to a friends house to test it out with his Sony and it worked fine. I was on the phone with Samsung twice holding for about 40 minutes each time, they say it is Cablevision and they point at Samsung. I am going to stop in to PC Richards where I bought it and see if they can be of any help.I just think it is weird that it will work on the HD chanels but nothing else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us