Weird problem

Username: Learningsats

Post Number: 5
I had reported earlier yesterday that I was unable to get any international channels on bird 121 such as Mabuhay channel on tp5 (11782V), in fact I was unable to get any channels that the lyngsat said I should be I did have hundreds of channels. Well I think I know what the problem is but I dont know why the problem is happening or how to fix it.

Here is the deal. I believe my dish is somehow bringing in channels from the 119 bird eventhough in my Antenna setup for 121 it has green bars. I verified in the channel scan that all the tps exactly what they should be for bird 121 (36 of them total). The wierd thing is when I am on bird 121 in the antenna setup (it says es 121 beside satellite) but up above in the light blue area to the far right it says es 119. How can this be? I know I have 121 tps but 119 is coming in strong for this sat. I went to the actual satellite 119 in the antenna setup which does have the 119 tps but it is barely registering way down in the red.
I am new to this and I have never read anything like this on any of the forums. Could someone give me some ideas what this could be all about. Thanks

Equipment
Viewsat vs2000 platinum
30" Gemstar Dish
Invacom QPH-031 Quad polar LNB
I switched out switched today but didnt make a difference. I started out with a 2x1 DMS international and switched to the viewsat switch that came with the box.

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 229
119 is so very close to the 121...U are talking only 2 degrees apart...this is common..U just need to try and realign the dish a little better..

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 89
I have 31 dish, motor, same lnb, and cools*t 5k, I used sw21 on mine. If you have a setting for that on views*t maybe try that.

Post Number: 6
I did try moving the dish ever so slightly to the right slowly but no signal. I wonder if I should start looking and changing the elevation ever so slightly as well? Do you recommend doing that as well LK?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
see what the satellite calculators tell U..yes, azimuth,elevation and skew all need to be correct..

Username: Fruitcakes

the problem is you are a fcuking retard and don't know how to point your dish...Maybe get your 6yr old to get it working for you...ROTF

Post Number: 7
Thanks LK. That gave me something else to look at. I did not pay attention to polarization tilt (skew) when I was setting up my system. I am still learning so I just read up on it just now. For my location in order to reach 121 I need to set my lnb -0.6. That will be a very small clockwise turn.

I am going to start over and re-check every detail from elevation, skew, azimuth, and plumb mat.

The ROTF guy is g a y....always talking about something regarding that. "fruitcakes"? oh brother.

Username: Ajb

Post Number: 2
if you have motor on your dish and universal lnb you do not need two lnb.that is whole reason why you have motor.universal lnb can pick up circular and dss signal.take your circular lnb off just use your universal lnb.motorized dish has auto skew so you don't have to adjust the setting.go to sadoun.com and read up on the installation help for motorized system,it will help you understand better .also in the setting both lnb-universal,disq.-off.usal-put your location,mkke sure you compensate your magenatic deviation for your location.

Post Number: 3
you might also want to change from 1034 to either 1035 or 1036 which has auto transponder in the program

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
J pear...U are mixed up...Dave, the thread originator who has the problem does NOT have a motor dish...and auto TP won't work unless U have the satellite aligned....

Post Number: 4
LK,his thread was originate from 1-22-06 under unable to get international 121.It says he has motor on his dish.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 90
Dish motor with QPH-301 lnb cir and lin
sw21
co-lsat 5k
gets 6 sats great.

What I want to do is use an diseqc switch after sw21 on the way to reciever. Hook disceqc
#1 to sw21 out of motorized dish and diseqc #2 to a second asw21 on orininal 2 lnb dish 500 setup. the reason is I have had the best luck with sw21 on this reciever as opposed to running a diseqc in the system alone. Will it work?

Post Number: 5
RAC,
I am not really sure if you can do that.Why don't you try go to sadoun.com when you come to home page look under customer support click technical forum.Once you do that Click system installation than click installation support.That is the section people who has ???with dish motor set up.I hope it helps you.Good Luck....

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
JP...was unaware that he (dave) double posted and had another thread going here...now I understand your reply post...makes perfect sense..

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
JP...and nice to see U here...someone else who will/can give a hand to help out...not too many people do help out here..this site is unlike any other DSS forums..no files and mostly all non reading newbies looking for FREE TV only..thrown in with some 10 yr smart mouth kids obsessed with their puberty ..

LK,
No problem,it happens.I will do my best to help others.I have read your posts too from here.I have learnt from alot of your posts.Keep up the good work!!!!!

Post Number: 8
Hi Jpear,
I am using only one LNB. The Quad Polar QPH-031. I don't have any other.

Post Number: 7
Dave,
Look for viewsat file 1038.I believe 1034 does not have very good usal support(moving the motor)with 1038 it supposed to improve the operation of your motor and fix on closed caption.Good Luck.Since you got 1034 I guess you know where to get 1038.If not let me know.......

Post Number: 8
Dave,
I started with true fta.What I did was I used factory satellite list and lock on to 97W(T-5)Once you have that satellite come in you should"t have any trouble.Like I said your dish has to be perfectly aligned with true south with motorized system.Make sure you check your magnetic deviation .Check you motor and be sure it is the longitude.Check dish elevation.When you adjust dish elevation you have to bring the dish back to home or reference position.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us