Moto CableCard with Panasonic TH-42PX500U

Username: Bparker

Post Number: 1
CableGuy,

First of all, let me extend my thanks for all that you do. Bought my new TV over the holiday, and have learned more about the Cablecards and their issues from this site, than all of the Cable "techs" put together. Thank you for what you do....Please come to work for Charter COmm in the upstate of SC.....NOw for my question:

My appointment to have my cablecard installed by Charter was yesterday (1/21), having to wait 3 weeks from the time I ordered the upgrade. The "sub contractor" for Charter shows up on time, but only carrying a HD STB, not the card that I ordered, even though his work order said a Cabelcard. Sound Familure? He then told me that they had never been trained on the cards and he would not know what to do, even if he had one. After speaking to his boss, he went back to the office and returned several hours later with the card in hand. The TV accepted the card, and the setup went well. The problem is that I get all of the lower channels (2-99) but only the local HD stations (PBS HD, Universal HD, And two local affiliate HD {CBS and NBC}. Coincedently, these are the same HD channels that I was able to tune in when I removed my old STB and sent the cable straight into the TV, and use the HD tuner with the TV. I also get the digital music channels and a 4 more additional channels (110, 115, 112) which must not be scrambled. I was also able to locate these channels using without the box. I have read enough posts to understnad that all I am getting are the "local" HD channels and the uncrypted digital music channel, along with several premium digital channels which also must be uncrypted. I dont get any premium Movie channels or ESPN HD, HBO HD, Show HD, or the balance of the digital tier channels above 100.

I tried a hard reset of TV with card and nothing changed. Here are my ECM counts on various channels:

HD Local: 0x0064 (State:Subscribed)
HD (Not clear to air): 0x0023 (State: Unknown)
Digital I get: 0x0069 (State: Subscribed)
Digital I don't get: 0x0168 (State: Unknown)

As you know, the menu for Moto card is al little different for SA. All Host Validation say Unknown00.

I will be receiving a call from a 3rd tier Charter Supervisor sometimes today. Please tell me what information I should have ready for this guy , or, let me know what your thoughts are. My fear is that Charter will understand my problem, but have no idea hoiw to solve it.

Also, TV Guide updated last night and all channels that I SHOULD be getting appear in guide, and as I travel through channels with remote, the remote is stopping on the channels that I should get, complete with info. I simply have a black screen that says "Channel not available"

Thanks again for what you do, and any assistance is greatly appreciated. Also let me know what additionla information YOU would need to help me and I will get that to you.

JBP

Username: Bparker

Post Number: 2
Guys,

A follow up.....Dave from Charter called back today (He actually confessed that most everything he had learned about CC's were from this site and AVI) Figured out in less than 5 minutes that my issue was due to an error in loading my information. Anyway.......Steelers and Broncos look great in High Def.....Thanks Dave...and thanks to all who contribute to this site.

JBP

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 632
JBP~ Glad to hear everything was corrected, it sounded like a provisioning issue to begin with. More happy to know that the guy learned something from this site...that's been the whole intent all along. Happy surfing, we'll be here if ya need us

Dave in SC Charter
Unregistered guest
Glad to be able to help, Mr. Parker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us