3500s blind scan problems..lk?

RayCarmazzio
Unregistered guest
I am trying to follow instructions LK gave, delete all channels, rename sats to "ECHO 110" and "ECHO 119" then do blind scans.

The first one I scan seems to go fine, it successfully pulls in 2-300 channels. When i go to scan the next one, it seems like it's working, but when it's done there are maybe only 15 channels for that 2nd sat. I've tried in both orders (110 then 119, and 119 then 110). It always screws up on the 2nd one, even when I delete those channels and try again.

I think a way around is to scan one bird, DL them to a PC, delete them from the recever, scan the 2nd, DL those to a PC, then combine into a chan list and then upload them to the receiver, but there must be an easier way! Anyone?

my_2_cents
Unregistered guest
blind scan is simple as eating breakfast. Just close your eyes and hit the OK button and let it scan...how hard could that be...no peeking...it won't work if you peek.

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 247
Ray...U are confused...U are mixing up my posts about "no need for a channel list"..

Works on all Pansat Series. Might take a few try's to get it to work.

1. Delete ALL channels on ird.

2. Go into SAT Edit and rename your Dish 110 to ECHO 110 and rename Dish 119 to ECHO 119. (the space between ECHO and 110 is important!)

3. do a BLIND scan on each sat, ECHO 110 & ECHO 119. (Takes At least 10 min per sat) NOTE: My 2700 got "hung up" during a blind scan, I stopped, deleted the partially loaded channel list, for that SAT only, re scanned to 100%, all ok.

4. When complete, push SAT button on remote, you will now have a choice you have not previously had "ECHOSTAR PACKAGE"

5. Select ECHOSTAR PACKAGE and select any channel. This will convert EPG Button to ECHOSTAR PACKAGE and your epg will match match D**H Network channels. ( provided you are pointed at 110 and 119)

After doing this, you will see there is no need to load a channel list and epg works fast on most channels, slow to come up on others.

my-2-cents
Unregistered guest
i have noticed that when you do a satellite scan or blind scan, it's better to do on a non-cloudy day. I have tried on a cloudy day, i get 1 out of 4 sucessful scan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us